22 | Unspoken Words

"When it seems that someone has
shattered your dreams...pick up even
the smallest of pieces and use them
to build bigger and better dreams."

- Jeremy Irons

Taehyung woke up to the incessant ringing of Jungkook's phone. He tried to wake Jungkook up, but the latter just groaned. So, Taehyung sat down and reached out over to the side table on Jungkook's side to grab the phone.

He kooked at the caller ID and it read, UNKNOWN NUMBER. Taehyung ended the call since he knew that Jungkook would've done the same thing. The latter hated answering calls from unknown numbers. He was about to place it back on the table, but then it rang again. It was still from an unknown number. An annoyed, half awake Taehyung decided to answer the call.

T: Hello?
??: Hello, good morning. Is this Mr. Jeon Jungkook?
T: Good morning, no this is his fiance, he's still asleep. May I know who this is?
??: Oh, Taehyung-ssi?
T: Um, yes, who is this?
??: It's me, son, Bang PD.
T: Bang PD-Nim! Good morning. It's been a while since we last spoken to each other. I'm sorry, but Jungkook is still asleep. Hold on, I'll just wake him up.
B: No, wait. It might be better if we talk first. I called about our plans for Jungkook's comeback with us. I wanted to talk to him and ask for him to reconsider pushing through with it.
T: What do you mean reconsider?
B: He hasn't told you yet? He called our Manager around two weeks ago saying that he is not pushing through signing with us.
T: He did? Did he give a reason?

B: Well, according to the manager, he said that he wants to retire being an idol and focus on his family. While I understand and respect that decision, Taehyung-ssi, there are other opportunites in Hybe that I want to offer him...perhaps something that would not entail demanding too much time from him and yet he can still make his beautiful music.

T: That's really generous of you, Bang-PD Nim. Let me talk to Jungkook about this. Kindly give us a week or two to revert back?

B: Of course! I'm hoping for a possible outcome from your talk. Oh, and the Creative Head position is still open, Taehyung-ssi. If you're also up to it. It would be an honor for us to have the next power couple of the industry.

Taehyung laughed.

T: Will think about it too, Bang PD-nim. Thank you so much for everything.
B: You're welcome, Taehyung. You know I promised your eomma that I will take care of my godson. But, know that I'm not just doing this because of that promise. You and Jungkook have so much potential and I hate seeing them go to waste, so please talk to your fiance about this.
T: I will. Thank you, uncle. Take care and don't forget to rest too okay? You're such a workaholic.
B: Yes, Taehyung-nim! I'll see you soon.

Taehyung chuckled, ended the call and was startled when he felt Jungkook wrap his arms around his waist.

"Who was that, love? And...was that my phone?" Jungkook said, groggily.

"It was Bang PD-Nim. Why didn't you tell me about your retirement plans, hmm? You love being an idol, Jungkook. That is your ultimate dream. You don't have to quit just because of our family. You know that I'd support you through and through." Taehyung said as he laid back down and snuggled close to Jungkook.

"I meant to tell you after we've settled everything with Jong Suk hyung. I've already lived that idol dream, Taeh. What I should be doing now is to focus on what should have been my top priority...my dream of being with you and building our own family. I have saved more than enough already. So, that's that." Jungkook said.