16 | Awakening

For broken dreams,
the cure is dream again;
and, deeper.

- C.S. Lewis

It was 2:30 in the morning and Jungkook woke up with a splitting headache. He looked at Taehyung beside him and saw the latter sound asleep so he didn't bother waking him up. Instead, he decided to go down and get himself an aspirin in the kitchen.

When he got there, he opened the cabinet where the medicines were and found the bottle of aspirin. He took two pills from it and grabbed a glass of water. He popped the pills in his mouth and finished the entire glass. As he was about to put the glass on the sink, his headache suddenly worsened. He accidentally dropped the glass and it shattered on the floor. His knees buckled and he fell down.- Glass shards cut his knees and hands as he screamed in pain.

As he closed his eyes, scenes from the day he destroyed the glass display in his penthouse re-surfaced in his memory. He looked at his bloodied hands and knees as his body startled to tremble. His breathing became uneven and he looked around dazed and confused. He screamed again as his head throbbed in pain.

A few seconds later, Taehyung and Jin came to the kitchen at the same time. Taehyung was about to run to Jungkook's side when Jin pulled him back and opened the lights.

"Stop, you'll hurt yourself!" Jin said, but Taehyung pulled his arm from Jin's grasp and grabbed the broom near him. He swept some of the broken glass away as he walked towards Jungkook. He crouched down in front of the latter, placed the broom on the floor and held Jungkook's arms.

"Love? Please, look at me." Taehyung worriedly said.

Jungkook slowly looked up at Taehyung and the latter's heart broke seeing him in tears.

"L-love....I-I'm sorry...p-please don't leave me. I need you, Taehyung. I c-can't live without you love. P-please, I b-beg you. Forgive me, please." Jungkook said in between sobs.

Taehyung gasped as he realized what was happening at that moment.

"Jungkook, d-do you remember everything now?" Taehyung asked, his voice breaking.

Jungkook nodded before hugging Taehyung close using his wrists and arms. He couldn't hold the latter as his palm had glass shards and blood on them. he kept sobbing as he embraced Taehyung tightly not planning to let go anytime soon.

Jin took the broom beside Taehyung and continued to sweep the broken pieces of glass on the floor. He remained silent so as not to interrupt the two.

A few minutes later, Taehyung pulled away, not looking at Jungkook.

"Come on, put your arm around my shoulder and let's get you on the chair." Taehyung said as he helped Jungkook up and sat him on the nearby chair.

Jin placed a medical kit and a small basin on the table near Taehyung.

"I'll leave you two, will just check on Taejun." Jin said as he tapped Jungkook's shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile.

Taehyung opened the kit and took out some plasters, antiseptic, cotton swabs and a pair of tweezers. He took one of Jungkook's hands and started to remove pieces of glass from it.