19 | Contentment

"No person has the right to rain
on your dreams."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Jungkook and Taehyung went home the next day, both of them missing Taejun. As soon as they entered the house, they could hear the shrieks and pitter patter of tiny feet.

"Dada, Appa!!!"

Taehyung immediately knelt down and opened his arms wide.

"My sweetheart! Give appa a big hug." Taehyung said as Taejun ran to his arms.

"Taejun can only give shmall hug becosh I'm shtill shmall." Taejun said, making Taehyung, Jungkook and Jin laugh.

"It's okay, sweetheart, then just let appa give you that big hug." Taehyung said as he engulfed Taejun in a big, tight hug.

"Dada'sh tuwn." Taejun said as he pulled away from Taehyung and jumped up in front of Jungkook, making the latter catch him mid-air and carried him.

"How's my little Ironman doing?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm otay. I pwayed with uncwe Jim and uncwe Jin."

"And did you have fun playing with them?"Jungkook asked a question again.

"Yesh. But, I wike pwaying with dada mowe becosh they awe not that shtwong." Taejun said.

"Hey, I can carry you like your dada." Jin defensively said.

"But, you dwopped me."

"What?!" Taehyung and Jungkook snapped at the same time.

"On the bed! I dropped him on the bed. Chill, guys. He's 4, I'm —"

"Ancient." Yoongi suddenly appeared behind him with Jimin.

"When? When can I get due respect in this household?!" Jin said, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically before leaving for the kitchen.

"You're a meanie, hyung." Taehyung said.

"I just love teasing him." Yoongi said, chuckling.

"So, you two good?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other, smiled and nodded.

"Good. Because we need you two to be together on this. They found Jong Suk hyung. He's detained in San Fo as he was caught smuggling cocaine near the Mexican border." Yoongi said.

"What the fuck?! Drugs? It's that bad?!" Taehyung said.

"And I thought it was just gambling. So, there's drugs involved too?" Jungkook said.

"Yes. And, apparently, Ji-Hoon and Jong-In are in it too. All their bank and other financial records were subpoenad and it's confirmed, Jungkook. They've been brokering deals with other big artists for collabs with you...artists who are also their loyal drug customers. They get a big percentage from all the album sales, then those sons-of-bitches give cuts to Ji-Hoon, Jong-in and Jong Suk. In return, they supply them with drugs as well. Those fuckers were using you all along." Yoongi said.