15 | Ingrained

What you had yesterday is only memories; what you will have tomorrow is your dreams; and what you will do today, let it be love.

- Santosh Kalwar

Jungkook woke up as he felt someone squirming beside him. He looked to his right and saw Taejun moving around, about to wake up as well. Nope, he didn't get lucky with Taehyung the night before as Taejun didn't want to keave his side and he's not complaining. He loved every moment he spends with his son.

He rubbed his eyes and looked at Taehyung's side of the bed, but the latter wasn't there. He looked around the room, but there were no signs of Taehyung.

"Appa?" Taejun said as the little joy seemed to wonder where his appa was as well.

"Good morning, munchkin. Let's go find your appa." Jungkook said as he carried Taejun off the bed and into his arms.

The two went down and went straight to the kitchen and found Jin.

"Hyung, where's everyone else?" Jungkook asked.

"Morning! Jimin went with Yoongi to his studio and Taehyung went out to meet someone at the coffee shop near the park."

"This early?" Jin just shrugged his shoulders and took Taejun from Jungkook.

"Hyung, can I leave Taejun with you? I'll just go wash up and get myself coffee too."

"There's a coffee machine here, Jungkook."

"But, we don't have the flavor I want."

"Which is what exactly?"

"The sweet ingredient called Kim Taehyung." Jungkook said.

Jin looked at Jungkook and rolled his eyes. "Shoo, don't ruin my morning with your sappiness."

Jungkook chuckled as he ran back to the bedroom and quickly showered.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

The coffee shop was a bit crowded that morning since it was a work day. But, despite that, Taehyung was able to get a table for him and the person he invited for coffee.

Taehyung was biting his nails, a bit anxious as he waited for the person to arrive. He wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing, but he felt that he needed to do it.

After a few minutes, Taehyung heard the door of the cafe open. He stood up when she saw her enter. He waived at her and she waived back, smiling brightly at Taehyung.

"Hi, Irene. I'm sorry for inviting you this early. I wasn't sure if you would accept my invitation too." Taehyung said as he gave Irene a warm hug, which the latter reciprocated.

"It's been so long since we last saw each other, of course I'd come, silly." Irene said as she sat across Taehyung.

"So, what's up?" Irene asked.

"I, um, don't know where to start, actually."

"Is this about Bogum?"

Taehyung nodded and that's when Irene's smile faded, sadness suddenly displayed in her eyes.

"Do you remember that time when you talked to me back in college about you starting to like him?"

"Yeah."

"You said you had to tell me because even if Bogum and I weren't together anymore, our friendship is important to you so you had to be honest.  So, here's me doing the same thing as well."