10 | Insecurities

Doubt kills more dreams
than failure ever will.

- Karim Seddiki

Jungkook is fine. His brain is healing well, its just still slightly swollen. We can estimate three or four more weeks for the swelling to subside." Dr. Kim told Jin, Taehyung and Yoongi who were all seated inside his clinic. Jungkook, on the other hand, was lying down on a hospital bed.

"So, when the swelling subsides, does that mean he will regain his memory back?" Taehyung nervously asked.

"Ideally, yes. But, the hrain is a mysterious thing. In fact, no one has ever diacovered how it thinks. So, it's hard for me to say which memory would stay or which ones would be gone for good. The good news with Jungkook is he can still sing very well. And here's the thing. When I made him listen to his songs, he immediately recalled the lyrics and started humming the tune of some of them." Dr. Kim explained.

"May I know which songs?" Jin asked.

"Let me check my notes." Dr. Kim looked at his chart and read the titles. "Euphoria, Decalcomania, Left and Right, I'm in Love and Still With You."

Yoongi deadpanned when he heard the titles.
"I don't know why you bothered asking that question. Of course he'll remember those. Those are songs he wrote and dedicated for Taehyung." Yoongi said to Jin.

Taehyung blushed and couldn't help but smile.

"By any chance, did you see an image of Taehyung in his MRI?" Yoongi added with a chuckle.

Dr. Kim chuckled as well before he excused himself to process Jungkook's discharge papers.

"Your're such an idiot." Jin said, though found the remark quite funny.

"Can you two stop making fun of me?" Jungkook said as he felt embarassed again in front of Taehyung.

"Just ignore them. You don't have to feel embarassed. It's just me, Jungkook." Taehyung said smiling at him.

"Exactly why it's so uncomfortable. I never even had the chance to confess my feelings towards you properly."

"Well, come to think of it, the way you confessed was a bit unorthodox and sudden." Taehyung said with a giggle.

Jungkook's heart did flip flops as he watched how Taehyung smiled at the memory of his confession.

"Can you tell me how I confessed?"Jungkook asked.

"Nope. I want you to guess." Taehyung said as he wants to check on Jungkook's consistency and thought process.

Jungkook gulped. "C-can you give me some time to think about it?"

Yoongi laughed as he remembered how Jungkook actually planned for his confession.

"You gotta wait for about three months, Taehyung. That's exactly how long it took for him to come up with more than a dozen hypothetical ways to confess to you." Yoongi said.

"Hypothetical?" Taehyung asked out of curiousity.

"Yes because he listed all his ideas while you were still with Bogum. So he prepared them just in case you two broke up." Yoongi said.

"So, you wished for me and Gummy to break up?"  Taehyung asked Jugkook.

"No! Never wished that to happen. But...I did wish I was him."