21 | Assurance (M)

"Don't be pushed around
by fears in your mind.
Be led by the dreams in your heart."

- Roy T. Bennett

Jungkook woke up three hours later seeing Taehyung still sound asleep. He quietly got up from the bed and grabbed his bag that was on the bedroom sofa and opened it. He took out a velvet box and smiled.

He went back to bed and sat beside Taehyung. He opened the velvet box and took out a diamond ring, shaped like a pull tab.

 He opened the velvet box and took out a diamond ring, shaped like a pull tab

(Credits to the image and design owners)

He then took Taehyung's hand and chuckled at the sight of the actual pull tab he used to propose to the latter. Taehyung insisted to keep on wearing it and said that it was more than enough of an engagement ring for him. But, Jungkook wasn't going to have it that way.

Jungkook kissed Taehyung's hand as he slowly took off the pull tab from the latter's pinky finger, replacing jt with the diamond ring — this time on the ring finger.

Taehyung groaned as he abruptly opened his eyes and looked at his hand being held by Jungkook.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, looking confused.

"I got you the engagement ring I promised." Jungkook said.

"What?!" Taehyung sat up straight and looked at the ring on his hand.

"Love this is so beautiful! It actually looks like a pull tab!" Taehyung giggled as tears welled in his eyes. "You didn't have to love. I told you I'm already good with the first one."

"But, you deserve better, love. Actually...you deserve the best." Jungkook said kissing Taeh's ring finger.

"When and where did you get it? It looks one-of-a-kind."

"It is. Irene actually helped me. I told her about my idea and she helped design it. She sent the design to her best goldsmith who coincidentally stays in her branch here in New York. I picked it up after I got the documents I needed from the condo." Jungkook said.

Taehyung hugged Jungkook tightly and then pulled away almost immediately.

"But, i'm not going to throw away the pull tab you originally gave me."

"I knew you'd say that so I got this as well." Jungkook pulled out a white gold chain necklace and placed the pull tab on it. He then placed it around Taehyung's neck..

"There you go." Jungkook said as he looked at Taehyung's necklace.