18 | Restart (M)

WARNING: 21+ MATURE CONTENT

"If you don't give up your
hopes and dreams, then there will
always be a good ending."

- Choi Minho

Jungkook and Taehyung were both silent during their drive to the hotel. They both have lingering thoughts in their heads — Jungkook thinking about Yoongi's words; while Taehyung, thinking about Jimin's.  They knew that their friends were right, but both of them can't seem to move forward and leave the past behind.

"Jungkook-ssi, we're here." Wuk said as he stopped on the driveway of the hotel.

Jungkook opened the door and took Taehyung's hand, leading him outside the car. They both said thank you to Wuk before heading inside.

"I'll just check-in. You can wait for me here." Taehyung said as they stood in the reception area.

"No, I'll go with you." Jungkook said as he back hugged Taehyung, and pushed him gently to start walking.

"Jungkook, people can recognize you and they are now staring at us in case you didn't notice." Taehyung said as they didn't have any masks on.

"So what? I'm in a date with my fiance and about to check in a reputable hotel. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with what we're doing. It's what couples do." Jungkook said as they continued walking.

"Correction, it's what normal couples do. You're a famous celebrity" —

"— who is on a break. So, right now, I'm just Jeon Jungkook, you're fiance. Okay?" Jungkook said before leaving a kiss on Taehyung's nape.

Taehyung shook his head and smiled at Jungkook. He's still not used to being seen in public together since they've been hiding their relationship in the past. He's still worried about what Jungkook's fans would say about their relationship, especially when everyone thought that the latter was straight. Though, he had to admit that he's really touched by Jungkook's decision to finally declare their relationship out in the open — something that he's secretly been dreaming of. He just wanted to show the world how much he loves him...and yes, a part of him wanted to tell all those asking / shouting for Jungkook to marry them to back off, he is MINE.

They reached the front desk and Taehyung greeted the lady behind the counter a good evening. She looked at Taehyung and then at Jungkook and back again. Her jaw dropped and her brain hung for a few seconds before she could greet him back.

"G-good everning, how can I h-help you, s-sir?" the lady said, struggling to keep her composure.

"I have a reservation under my name, Kim Taehyung."

"O-okay, sir. L-let me just check our records." The lady said as her voice broke and her lips started to quiver.

Taehyung looked at the girl and was taken a back when she started crying.

"Hey, are you alright, miss?" Taehyung asked.

"Y-yes, sir. I'm okay...I mean, I think I'll be okay. I-I'm so sorry, Mr. Kim. I-It's just that...you're with Jungkook...I m-mean Mr. Jeon. Oh god, this is s-so embarassing. I'm really sorry." The lady said as she desperately tried to focus on her job.