34

Please ignore all the mistakes!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Realization fell upon Seokjin. "W-wait," he paused, "a-are you talking about ... me?"

A shy smile adorned Namjoon's face. He lightly laughed, feeling a little timid, even though it was intentional. 

"Yeah, it's you, hyung," Namjoon said, still smiling with dimples on both of his cheeks. 

Seokjin's eyes widened in disbelief. "You're joking." 

Namjoon shook his head. "No, I'm not joking." 

Seokjin fell to the couch, still trying to process the new information. His mouth was agape. He was speechless as he stared into nothingness. 

Namjoon sat down next to him. He reached his hand over the older one's shoulders. He was going to give him a pat on the shoulder, but stopped. He shouldn't make Seokjin feel even more uncomfortable than he already is. 

What he said is already too much. He doesn't want his mate to hate him. Not after they just made up. 

He ended up placing his hands on his laps instead. "I know this might be a lot of information to take in. I should've waited until you're ready. Sorry." 

Seokjin shook his head. "It's not your fault. I'm, um, you know what? It's getting late. I should go to sleep." 

He flashed Namjoon an odd smile and instantly stood up. Namjoon stood up right after. Seokjin turned to face him, but he avoided making eye contact with him. 

"Um, I have your bed ready. Sorry if you have to sleep in the living room. I hope that isn't too much for you," Seokjin said. 

"No, it's fine." 

Seokjin awkwardly nods. There was a silence between the two once again. 

It's not that Seokjin doesn't believe him. He wanted to. He would love to have a mate that was specifically made for him. But his stubbornness thinks otherwise. 

I mean, they didn't have anything special going on yet, and Seokjin is already having all of these uncomfortable feelings. Imagine if he admitted that he was in love with him, and then one rainy day, Namjoon suddenly confessed that he lied, Seokjin wouldn't know what to do. 

Besides, it was hard to believe that they were mates. All of Seokjin's life, he knew he was a lone wolf. It has been years since he last thought of finding his mate. His ego kept on telling him to avoid Namjoon, for he might have lied. He has been with Namjoon all these times, and he didn't feel a thing. 

Maybe Namjoon was confused between falling in love and finding the fated mate. 

Namjoon looked away in shyness. He wasn't sure if it was a good idea to have let Seokjin know about them being mates, or he shouldn't have at all. Now, everything was just awkward between them, and he couldn't stand it. 

"Okay, then," Seokjin finally said, turning to Namjoon, "goodnight." 

He smiled. 

Namjoon couldn't help, but to return one. His deep dimples adorned his face once again. 

"Goodnight to you too." 

Seokjin finally walked away. Namjoon watched as the older one disappeared into the bedroom, a wall that separated them. He still smiles to himself. 

He has no idea if Seokjin accepted him yet, but upon seeing his reaction, it doesn't give him a bad vibe. He should have let the older one think about the situation.