|| 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ||

FAMILY is more than blood and Rosalind always knew that

FAMILY is more than blood and Rosalind always knew that. Especially after finding out about being adopted. It wasn't exactly difficult considering her appearance, which was by the way, nothing like her parents or siblings. Even not biologically, she was always considered Miranda's and Grayson's oldest daughter. They always assured how much she was loved and made sure to make her feel like a true Gilbert. Of course, this family had something about adoption. Firstly it was her, many years ago and then, her youngest sister Elena, few years later. But of course, Elena's true origin came out way after Rosalind's, for obvious reasons.

PARENTS. A part of her. Her principal source of love and confidence. She loved Miranda and Grayson with her life, and leaving for college was the hardest thing she ever did. Well, at least it was what she used to think.

ON MAY 23 OF 2009 her world changed. Her life changed. Everything.

On this day, the car of the Gilbert's ran out the Wickery Bridge.

That was the day when Miranda and Grayson Gilbert died, and Elena Gilbert, Rosalind's young sister miraculously survived. And then, nothing hasn't been the same, a part of her died along with her parents.

It took a while for her to accept that her parents had passed away. That they'll never come back and she was alone...well not entirely but it's what she truly felt when she got that call from her aunt Jenna. Don't get her wrong, she loves Elena and it was very thankful that she survived, but this was just...different.

They weren't coming back. The woman who called her Cinderella and cried when she won the Miss Mystic Falls wasn't coming back. The man who thought her how to drive and went to her graduation ceremony using a t-shirt with her face on it wasn't coming back.

She thought about coming back home several times. For Elena and Jeremy. For Jenna. Maybe even for her. But she was convinced to stay in college and keep going with her future, after all she was doing pretty well on New Orleans, the Crescent City.

She went to New Orleans to study psychology and fell in love with the city. Everything just felt so right, almost as she belongs to there, always have.

The first months aways from her family, weren't exactly easy, but she was always encouraged by everyone.

What she didn't expect was to find out that everything her father has ever told her about the supernatural was real. Hell even her was a part of it.

After a night of drinks and dance, a little more alcohol than she was used to...her werewolf curse was triggered and to say she was scared was little. Scared and very confused, she was found crying in an alley by a very tall and handsome man who happens to be the "king" of New Orleans.

Surprisingly he didn't killed her or banned her from the city, on the contrary, he felt somehow draw to her. Something about her always inspired trust and kindness on people.

After a whole night of conversation, black coffee for hangover and a little flirt, they became very close friends, and soon a little brunette witch was in the middle.

For the days that came, she learned a lot more of the supernatural and found a true family there. She was respected and admired by everyone. Witches, vampires, humans...everyone. They all love the stunning blonde and even if she's a werewolf, they didn't care, actually they helped a lot and swore to protect her.

Thanks to a special ring, that was found with her by the Gilbert's, she changes at will which makes everything easier.

Everything was doing great, at least more normal. Her aunt was with Elena and Jeremy, she was finishing her college and she has good friends around her, nothing could go wrong.

Well, it went wrong. Of course.

Liz Forbes called her to inform about Jenna's death and questioning how, she couldn't even explain properly which made Rosalind get really suspicious about...maybe it has something to do with the supernatural? Wait...did her siblings know about it? She hoped they didn't, but she had this feeling that nothing was like before. Well, she was right.

At first she didn't know how to act, but she was 100% concerned about her babies siblings. Another person was ripped from them and this made her think about the only thing she never thought she would do it again...going back to Mystic Falls. Not for visiting, but to stay.

After two days of thinking and thinking, some tears and heartache she decided she needed to go. They need her. She was meant to be there for them. So she did.

Saying goodbye to her friends and promising to call and text everyday, she took her car and went straight to the place she never thought on moving back...Mystic Falls.