|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||

SEASON THREE - EPISODE TWENTY ONE
"BEFORE SUNSET"

...Mystic Falls High School...

It's morning and Alaric is sitting alone at his desk in his classroom, his feet propped up on the desk. He twirls the white oak stake in his hands and takes his feet off the desk.

He leans forward and looks at the stake. Looking out the door, he hears Rosalind and Caroline entering the school.

Caroline is on the phone with Tyler as they walk through the halls of the school.

"What do you mean you're ditching my clean up committee?" Rosalind asks.

"Klaus called. He's leaving town and wants me to pack up his house" Tyler says, from the speaker.

"Well, since when does sire bond equal mover slave?" Caroline asks.

"Since he realized Rosie is not gonna give him a chance" he answers.

"Ugh, he's being petty" Rosalind groaned "what's wrong with him?!"

"And he still thinks I'm sired to him. It's fine, I'll keep up the act and it will all be over soon. I'm late, I gotta go. I love you Care. I hate you kidding Rosie" Tyler says.

"I love you meaning" Rosalind says, smiling at the confused face on Caroline's face.

"I love you too" Caroline says "what was that?"

Rosalind shrugs.

Caroline hangs up. Both girls hear a noise and turn around. Behind them, Alaric rushes past.
Both girls turns back around.

"Hello?" Rosalind calls out but got no answer.

Rosalind and Caroline walks into the cafeteria. Rebekah is alone, cleaning up the mess from the dance.

"Where's Matty?" Rosalind asks.

"He bailed! Got called into work at the last minute" Rebekah answers.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" Caroline asks incredulously.

"Yes, and you're late. Clean up committee started at eight o'clock" Rebekah says.

"It's like 8:02" Caroline glares at her.

"Exactly! I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized" Rebekah walks past the girls and empties out the trash.

"I'm sorry about your mom! I mean I know you like, hated her and everything, but still...I'm sorry" Rosalind says "she was your mom after all"

Rebekah smiles sadly.

"I'm sorry about your teacher! He seemed like a nice guy" Rebekah says "also I'm sorry for almost killing your sister. I wouldn't like anyone threatening my brother" she says honestly.

"Yeah! He was" Rosalind smiles "thank you. Just...don't do that again and we're good"

Rebekah chuckles and nods.

"I'm gonna get started on the gym" Rebekah says.

Rebekah walks out into the hallway. Alaric comes around the corner and Rebekah stops dead in her tracks.

"You're supposed to be dead" she says.

"I am!" Alaric smirks.

Rebekah rushes at Alaric, but Alaric throws her against the locker. He's about to stab her with the white oak stake when Rosalind and Caroline rushes out of the cafeteria and pins Alaric to the locker. Rosalind takes the stake and passes to Rebekah who stabs Alaric with it. The three girls look at each other as Alaric takes the stake out.