|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||

SEASON FOUR - EPISODE SEVENTEEN
"BECAUSE THE NIGHT"

...Salvatore Boarding House...

Caroline is collecting trash from around the house, which is still a disaster after Elena's party.

Finding a cup that still has alcohol in it, she thriftily drinks the last sip before tossing it in the bin.

"Ew!" Rosalind enters the huge living room with two mugs in her hands "don't do that! I'm pretty sure it's against even your supernatural healing"

She gives one of the cups for Caroline.

"Thanks!" Caroline takes a sip.

Rosalind glances around.

"This is real shit!" she says.

Caroline nods.

"You have no idea..." she murmured "...anyways, where were you? We called you like, a billion times yesterday"

Rosalind's face paled.

How is she supposed to tell Caroline about her little adventures with Klaus?

She sighs.

"I made something" she quietly admits "something bad..."

Caroline raises an eyebrow.

"Like what?" she asks.

Rosalind only pursed her lips in deep thought.

"I...I..." she struggles "...it's something bad! I mean, not bad! It was good! Really good! Too good for my liking and I shouldn't enjoy it but I crazily do and..."

Caroline cuts her rambling off.

"You're starting to scare me" she says "what did you do?"

Rosalind huffs defeated.

"Last night I..." her phrase was cut by the devil himself entering the room.

Klaus enters the room and smirks seeing just the person he was looking for.

Rosalind fought really hard to leave his mansion. If it was only up to him, they would still be entangled on the sheets.

And she's dead wrong if she thinks Klaus would just let her leave like that.

"Desperate times, I take it?" he asks, his hands behind his back.

Rosalind's whole body freeze and that didn't go unnoticed by Caroline.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asks.

"Not judging you, for starters, although if you are determined to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary?" he says, walking closer to Rosalind.

She quickly walks over the other side of the couch, keeping a good distance between them.

Oh, but he likes a good chase.

"Shouldn't you be out chasing Tyler to the ends of the earth? Or are there still some hopes and dreams you wanna crush around here?" Caroline snaps.

"Depends! Do you happen to know where the young Brutus is?" Klaus asks in a shrug, now standing in behind Rosalind.

"I know where he's not...with me. And he gave Matt the deed to the house, so he's gone for good" Caroline says.

Rosalind stares sympathetically at Caroline.

"Tyler made it his life's mission to kill me" Klaus points out.

"Because you were always so sweet and respectful with him, right?!" Rosalind snaps, clearly affected by his presence.