|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||

SEASON FOUR - EPISODE SEVEN
"MY BROTHER'S KEEPER"

...Lockwood's Mansion...

Today was the Miss Mystic Falls. Rosalind remembered the time when she participated. It was amazing for her. All the glamour of that day, the excitement, the attention to the details, just everything.

But right now she only felt the world in slow motion. Rosalind never felt so down in her life. So...hopeless, maybe?

She was forced and practically dragged to be the responsible for the whole pageant. Carol Lockwood didn't let much choice for her, so she just let it be and was at this exact moment, running around the Lockwood's property giving orders and checking everything for tomorrow.

Caroline tried to offer herself to be on Rosalind's place, but let's just say Carol Lockwood barely listened what she said and insisted for Rosalind.

Who can blame her? Rosalind organized at least 3 last pageants and they were perfect. Everybody loved.

"Come on!" Rosalind says to the people in front of her "the decorations needs to be ready until tonight and we still have to find an appropriate place for the band"

They nod and walk away. She looks down at her clipboard to see what else she needs to prepare when her phone goes off.

Signing, she pulls it off her pocket and sees Stefan's name on the screen.

"What?" she asks in annoyance. If he didn't understand...he was the last person in the world she wanted to see or to talk.

"Hey..." he says awkwardly "...can we talk?"

"No?" she scoffs "I have nothing to talk about with you"

"Yeah I know. I..." he sighs "...I just want you to listen okay?"

"I'm listening" she sits down on a bench at the garden.

"I'm sorry! You were right about everything you said. Not only yesterday but the whole time. When I was without my humanity, when I was acting like a dick and specifically yesterday. I should never went behind your back and let your friend be killed by your brother" he stops for a moment "I guess a part of me just wanted things to be like before, but they won't and I did things I'm ashamed of. You're right when you say that every life matters and we are no better if we ignore this"

Rosalind just keep listening to his words.

"I'm not asking for you to forgive me right now, because I know you won't. I just wanted you to know how sorry I am. I understand how painful it is to lose a special friend like you and I still did with you what once was done to me, and for that I am sorry. Truly sorry Rosie" he finishes.

She sighs frustrated.

"I forgive you Stefan!" she says and when he went to reply, she continues "But that doesn't mean I trust you or one day I will, because I don't think so. We all wanted to save Elena, I get it. But what you did was completely unnecessary. He was a good person and he was ready to live. To live and enjoy his freedom again. He had family Stefan and friends" she looks down "and because of you he's dead and he didn't even do anything wrong. He trusted me Stefan. He trusted me and now he's dead. He's dead because of me. Because I dragged him to this, because he loved me"