Chapter 2

2: I am Strong

Lin Miao was always a big-hearted child. In her opinion, she counts as a person who's seen the world so she's unafraid of anything. After all, there were many children in the village, and she's the only one who was in the elementary school in town. Many adults in the village said she was great, even better than the boys. Over time, she began to think the same.

Just outside of the village, she asked the master, "If I work in the day, can I come back during the night? Papa and my little brother all went to town, and Mommy is alone at home. I'm worried about her inconvenience of being home alone since no one will be there to apply her plaster." Her mom frequently had shoulder pain so she needed Lin Miao's help to apply plaster.

The Master lowered his head, and looked at her innocent look, "It's too far, you can't walk back."

Lin Miao thought that he definitely didn't know she could walk alone with only a torch. He must have thought she was one of the kids in the village who were afraid of the dark. So she responded, "It's going to be fine, I promise I won't waste a single minute. I usually go to school in the town."

The Master couldn't help but caress her head. "Where we're going will be further than the town, much further."

Lin Miao stopped talking. No wonder those older sisters and brothers in the village who went outside to work only returned during the New Years.

The village head beside them looked at Lin Miao, furrowing his brows. After all, he witnessed how she grew up. Everyday, after school, she greeted him, and was familiar with everyone in the village. He finally asked, worried, "Older brother, this kid..."

"Don't worry, she won't bear hardships. It would be definitely better than living here. I have been to so many places to find a child with the same birthdate as the Young Master, I won't make her life difficult." The Master said, "Speaking of, this was also fate. The elderly woman insisted on a child from the countryside, saying this was her whim, but after searching in so many places, she's the only one."

"Didn't you say it's used to prevent misfortunes?" The village head asked.

"Like anyone can predict those mysteries. We're going back first. They know we've found the person and are heading out to receive us. They couldn't be more urgent, I heard that the Young Master had a fever and fell unconscious again." The yellow-robed Master said.

The village head was a bit surprised. "Why didn't they go see a doctor?"

"What do you mean? They went to multiple family doctors." The Master sighed, "These things, even if I told you, you wouldn't understand. I'm leaving first."

There wasn't a road connecting to the village. So, at the exit of the village, they had to walk through mountain paths. The Master knelt down very naturally. "I'll piggyback you down the mountain."

Lin Miao shook her head. "I'm very familiar with this path."

She ran out of the village as she said that, her big old backpack on her back, bouncing as she ran down the mountain.

Despite it being a descending path, it wasn't even a single bit easy to walk through. The Master walked carefully and then saw the little girl in front of him descending like a butterfly. Who knows how she did that. Every step was firm and fast as well.

When they got out of the mountains, there were roads and there were people waiting for them here.

The Master put Lin Miao in the back seat and fastened her seatbelt.

This was Lin Miao's first time inside a car. She was nervous and excited, looking around her surroundings.

"Are we taking the car to work?" Lin Miao asked.