Chapter 3

3: Encounter

Lin Miao was very nervous since she had only heard about work from one of her cousins who was 5 or 6 years older than her in the village.

That older cousin said that her job was tiring, she had to work overtime at night, and her boss had a bad temper and frequently yelled at people.

She wasn't afraid of laborious jobs, overtime work, or being yelled at. But... Lin Miao was a bit scared of being disliked. She had bragged confidently when she left, saying that she will bring candy home during the New Year. If she was given the cold shoulder and sent back, how would she explain it...

Lin Miao looked down at the tip of her shoe. I must try even harder, and be more diligent, she thought.

The housekeeper gave her to a middle-aged woman. "Bring her to the bath."

Lin Miao just followed compliantly.

She followed up the stairs to the second floor.

There was too much for Lin Miao's eyes to take in. How could there be such a beautiful place!

After going up the stairs, she saw white carpets placed all over the floor.

Suddenly, the door of the room beside her opened, scaring Lin Miao.

A white-robed man walked out, supporting a teenager that was a head taller than him.

The teenager's face was plain white, with eyebrows prettier than those who were on the town's television. He wore a white shirt that was so elegant that it was as if he walked out of a painting.

Lin Miao stared at him, going dumb.

The teenager frowned and looked at her. His eyes were very pretty; a light brown colour. Then, he said, "Is she it?"

Standard pronunciation, even more accurate than her Chinese teacher's mandarin.

Suddenly, Lin Miao came back to her senses, her little-girl shame immediately flooded her. Lowering her head, she noticed that her pants were still rolled, her shoes still muddy...

And to add on, her stomach growled: guguguu...

It felt like that was the only sound left in the air. It felt more embarrassing than her being yelled at, then sent outside to stand by the teacher.

All of a sudden, Lin Miao's face was flushed red.

However, the elegant little prince peered at her, then said coldly to the doctor behind him, "Let them bring her back, I don't need it."

Lin Miao was actually quite sharp in critical moments. Despite looking all flustered, she quickly responded. As if keeping her face was more important than her job. "I- I am very useful, I can do many things..."

"I don't need an eight-year-old doing things." The little prince said, coughing.

His hair was a soft light brown, his skin white to the point that it was glowing, with red lips and white teeth. Even if he was coughing, he still had much air of royalty, it can be felt that he was high above.

While the maid still didn't know what to do, a sound came from the mouth of the stairs, "I think the little girl is pretty good? She's healthy."

And then, she saw the elderly woman walk up and say, surprised, "Little Yu, you're awake? I knew it, it works! She just arrived, and you're awake."

"Grandma, send her back, I don't need her." The little teenager said while coughing as if he was going to cough his lungs out.

The elderly woman rushed to pat his back, and said to the maid beside him, "Get her to wash herself first."