Chapter 60

60: Rumors Say First Love Never Ends Well

Everyone was listening attentively. It was the last lecture before their break, yet no one skipped it, so it should be easy to conclude that this period was paramount.

Lin Miao didn’t understand a single bit, but she remained silent, not distracting the Young Master.

She hung her left hand on her older brother’s shirt, and propped her head up with her right. She sat on her seat, trying to make sense of the professor’s words.

Her attempt was unsuccessful, but she wasn’t demotivated. She wasn’t a little kid anymore.

Suddenly, she felt a hand against her left hand.

Lin Miao paused for a moment, then lifted her sight from the textbook and peered at the Young Master. He was still following the lesson, but he had stopped taking notes and instead dropped his right hand to hold her hand with it.

Lin Miao froze, embarrassed.

She had tugged onto a corner of the Young Master’s clothes with her left hand, so he held her hand accordingly with his right hand.

Lin Miao wanted to tell him to let go and take his notes like everyone else, but it wasn’t convenient for her to speak out loud during class.

So, Lin Miao pulled his notebook over and started taking notes for him.

It didn’t matter if she didn’t understand it— she just copied everything from the presentation.

She was quite fast at it, too.

Very focused.

Then, she noticed that half of the page was in her older brother’s handwriting, and the other half was hers…

She had a hidden feeling of joy from seeing their words on the same page.

Her face turned rosy, but she continued jotting down notes.

She couldn’t even turn her head to look at the Young Master anymore.

After class, Lin Miao handed the notebook back to the Young Master, “Gege, look, did I make any mistakes?”

The Young Master scanned the page, speaking softly with traces of happiness, “No, Shuishui is very good at taking notes.”

Lin Miao was a bit embarrassed, and then was led out of the classroom by the Young Master.

The Young Master asked his roommate to carry his books back to their dorm room, and then left the premises with Lin Miao.

He invited her to dinner at his house as his parents and grandma all missed Lin Miao.

So, Lin Miao called her mother and told her that she wasn’t returning for dinner tonight.

Her mother thought for a bit, “Then are you coming back tonight?”

The caretakers in the Yu family kept her room tidy since she last stayed there a year ago. The Young Master’s parents said that the room belonged to her, and it would remain in that condition indefinitely.

But through her tone, Lin Miao felt that her mother wanted her to return home, “I’ll come back right after dinner.”

Lin Miao’s mother sighed but agreed for her to go.

Arriving at the Yu family, the three dogs were quick to greet them warmly in the yard.

The Young Master’s mother and grandma also came outside, “You’re back! Dinner will be ready soon.”