Chapter 77

77: Gege, I've Changed

When they were little, Lin Miao watched Yu Jingxuan receive his infusion, and now it was the opposite: Lin Miao was receiving an infusion while Yu Jingxuan accompanied her.

Lin Miao was rarely sick; her health was always great. During those childhood years, she would feel sick in her heart when Yu Jingxuan suffered from illnesses and was forced to take medicine. She often held his hand then, with a well-concealed thought in her mind.

She wanted to share some of her good health with him.

Maybe it was due to her sickness and how it weakened her both mentally and physically, she felt as if she travelled back in time to her days of being a little girl.

Back then, she thought about Yu Jingxuan almost everyday, and hoped for him to look at her. When she was reunited with her family, the thoughts remained, and she still missed him.

Back then, she had just come back to her town. She wanted to visit him before he came to visit her, similar to how she wanted to walk home when she initially arrived at his house. On both occasions, it was too far.

At this moment, Lin Miao came to realize something.

She seemed... to... always ask him to find her.

He came to her town with the three dogs, he visited her school with cartons of milk, and he came to spectate her games and congratulate her.

Even now, it was Yu Jingxuan who always searched for her. He would always be able to meet up with her.

Lin Miao suddenly... suddenly felt afraid... of the day he might stop searching for her...

Maybe illness really weakened one's mental as well as physical state.

Lin Miao's IV bag had already emptied when her mother came back to the hospital. They returned to their apartment in the Yu family's car, but Yu Jingxuan didn't stay to eat lunch with them.

With something in her heart, the steamed meat that had originally made her mouth water didn't even seem very appetizing anymore.

Studying her daughter's facial expressions, Lin Miao's mother seemed to understand what was going on. Her daughter really can't keep anything secret, what would she do in the future?

Also... Lin Miao's mother was a bit anxious. Yu Jingxuan treated Lin Miao as his younger sister. If he dated a girlfriend, Lin Miao would...

Sigh, people need to grow up eventually.

Lin Miao's mother comforted herself with these excuses.

After lunch, Lin Miao took her medicine and was escorted into her room by her mom, "Go rest a bit, it's good for you."

Lying on her bed, Lin Miao quickly fell asleep.

She had a quite troubling dream.

However, it faded from her memory when she woke up. Now on her bed with her eyes open, she could see the wintry sun shine through the gaps of her window curtains.

She still felt dizzy, her head heavy. She felt herself seemingly disconnecting from reality.

Is this how it feels to be sick? Was Gege's childhood as agonizing as this?

Lin Miao pitied him even more.

Pulling her phone over, she saw a new message from Yu Jingxuan quietly waiting for her in the messenger app.

"Shuishui, don't sleep during the day. It's easy to get dizzy." This was coming from someone who was experienced.

But he was late with his reminder. Lin Miao just woke up, and as predicted, she was dizzy. So, she texted him back: "I just woke up, I think I also had a nightmare."