Chapter 82

82: Going to the Movies

When she returned home, Lin Miao was still very happy, it was written all over her face. After all these years of losing, she finally had her revenge.

Lin Miao's mood had completely changed from when she left the apartment. Lin Miao's mother found it odd, "Shuishui, did something happy happen outside today?" Why is she so joyous? She couldn't help but be reminded of two words: dumb daughter.

Lin Miao raised her head to meet her mom's gaze, answering sweetly, "I was playing badminton against Gege, I won."

Lin Miao's mother: "..." Shuishui would definitely win, but why would she be so happy?

She couldn't resist asking Lin Miao how many times she won.

"All of them." Lin Miao replied.

Lin Miao's mother: "..." Does she really like little Yu? She was doubting her observations. Wouldn't she consider letting him win a few rounds?

Whatever, as long as she's happy.

During the night, Lin Miao hid under her quilt and chatted with Yu Jingxuan.

She knew that her parents shouldn't be able to hear her phone call through the walls, but she still felt guilty.

She was scared.

Hearing Lin Miao's sheepish voice as a result of her trying to keep the volume low, Yu Jingxuan sighed. What a teenage body he had...

Lin Miao was unaware of what was happening on the other side of the call. She slowly fell asleep talking to Yu Jingxuan, leaving the one unable to sleep on the other side of the call alone.

Little Ling soon returned as well. She had been working a job over the winter holidays, tutoring elementary students and helping out with their homework.

Lin Miao's mother took her and Lin Miao shopping for clothes in preparation for the New Year's. Lin Miao's mother was also very kind to little Ling, who was obedient, smart, and sensible. They had basically become family over the last few years.

Lin Miao had her own money, but her mother still paid for her purchases. To her mother, Lin Miao was still her daughter, yearning for the New Year's gourmet food and new clothing.

Lin Miao also met some fans during their shopping trip. She was still a bit not used to it, but they did like her, so she gave out signatures and hugged a very enthusiastic fan upon request.

She was still a bit confused why these people would like her despite her not doing anything for them. It gave her an indescribable feeling.

Her mother also bought her a pair of high-heeled boots. It was pretty, but she found it very uncomfortable to walk in.

So it rested in her room unworn. However, she often looked at it, even sending a picture to Yu Jingxuan.

She loved to share slices of her life with him.

On New Year's eve, Lin Miao's mother began preparing for the reunion dinner early at noon. Lin Miao and little Ling were also in the kitchen to help out.

Lin Miao would regularly help her mother in the kitchen, but her helping was mainly washing vegetables, carrying dishes, bowls, and chopsticks. It had been many years since she cooked a meal by herself.

Little Ling was slicing and cooking skillfully.

They began preparing at noon because her parents had to depart in the afternoon to arrive in time for the ceremony back in her village.