Chapter 25

25: Do You Want to Go Home?

Most of the dogs in the neighbourhood were pure-breds. There were fluffy samoyeds, huskies, teddies, some german shepherds, and border collies.

The mother didn't pay much attention to this. She slowly walked with the two newborn puppies. The newborns were very curious, so they were often distracted and would stop to look around, slowing the mother down.

After two big circles, Dahuang finally stopped, so the two rested by the sidewalk while waiting for the mother.

The mother felt great. She was an actress from her childhood. Her career had been glistening and she had crowds of fans. She also saw how miserable those actors and actresses' lives became after declining in popularity, so she worked very hard to keep herself in her audiences' minds.

Now that she retired at the peak of her career, she found a different type of enjoyment in life. She didn't have to wake up at three or four in the morning to film, she didn't have to answer all the reporters, and she didn't have to always be formal and polite.

At first, she thought that she would never adapt to a life away from the spotlight, but now she realized that life was also good like this.

Soon, she caught up to the two kids. They were waiting for her.

Meanwhile, a stocky husky passing on the sidewalk spontaneously leaped towards the children.

It frightened the Young Master's mother. The husky was enormous and would knock both of them down if it collided with their legs. "Little Yu! Shuishui!" She cried.

But it was too late.

Suddenly, Dahuang, who was resting aside, sprung up and ran to bite the husky.

Dahuang had fattened quite a considerable amount from the weeks of good food and staying at home. However, she was still half the size of the husky. Miraculously, the husky fled a few moments later.

There was a handful of hair stuck to Dahuang's teeth.

Lin Miao quickly pulled the patch of hair out, preventing her from swallowing the hair. The two puppies ran towards their mother.

The mother let out a breath of relief. The husky owner walked towards them.

With their dunderheaded dog. They were probably looking for an explanation, but the husky refused to step any closer, "Arf arf arf..."

Seeing that they weren't going to come, the mother walked towards them instead. It was unacceptable for them to walk their enormous dog without a leash.

She saw a bald spot on the husky's head. It was hilarious.

While his mother talked with the dog owner, the Young Master knelt down and spoke to Dahuang, "Dahuang, that is how you fight other dogs. You can tear off their hair, but you can't injure them..."

"Woof woof woof!" Dahuang argued.

The Young Master knew she was being arrogant again because it was the same reply he got when he told her to leave his slippers alone. This dog definitely couldn't understand what he was saying.

The little puppies followed and also barked.

Lin Miao patted its head, "Good dog!"

Dahuang rubbed her head against Lin Miao's palm.

The mother soon finished with the husky owner. She then led Lin Miao, the Young Master, and the two puppies home.

Upon returning home, the Young Master pulled Lin Miao to study.