Chapter 100

100: Steaming Buns

Yu Jingxuan's mother felt that... Her son was a completely different person.

He was very introverted since his childhood. He didn't laugh or smile much as a result of their negligence.

She later switched jobs to spend more time with her son, but he didn't change and was still introverted and collected, not like a child at all.

Everyone else's sons were whining about going outside to play while he was reading or watching Lin Miao's competitions.

Everyone else's sons were dating prematurely behind their parents' backs, confessing to their crush, chasing girls with their bros while her son was preparing university papers or watching Lin Miao's competitions.

She always felt that every step he took was too conservative, not like a teenager at all.

Now, everything had changed. He would wake up before sunrise everyday, hurriedly going out of the house to go to the library with his little girlfriend and then returning to walk the dogs. He smiled more, too. It was like his teenage years had arrived late. When she made jokes about him, he wouldn't look at her as if she was mentally ill, either.

Love was a great thing.

Yu Jingxuan's mother really wanted to go shopping with Lin Miao, but looking at her son acting like an old tree that made it to spring, she decided not to interfere in their relationship.

Lin Miao's exams were getting closer and closer. Apart from Lin Miao, the most nervous person was Yu Jingxuan.

So, her parents prepared an extra portion of lunch. They had let Lin Miao eat at the cafeteria before as it was a new experience for her, but now they were worried that she might not be getting enough nutrients.

So Lin Miao packed her lunch from home.

They napped in the library during noon. They had a spot in the corner of the second floor they would always go to. They always sat there, and over time, it basically became reserved for them.

And then... Later, practice booklets appeared on the desk.

Every one of Lin Miao's fans knew that she was shy. They were also likely to have been brainwashed by Lin Miao's longtime fans, thinking that one doesn't need interactions with their idol, and that her mere existence gave people positive energy and drove them forwards.

Lin Miao had quite a fanbase in the university, but few came up for signatures or pictures.

However, as the college entrance exams were coming up, they wanted to give a little present to their idol to show their intentions.

Lin Miao also felt heartwarmed when she saw all these notebooks and practice books.

She felt that she wouldn't deserve all of this if she didn't try hard enough.

So she worked even harder to be worthy of her fans.

Yu Jingxuan naturally accompanied her. He had gotten used to other people liking Lin Miao, it was fine as long as he was the one beside her. It didn't disturb Lin Miao, either, so he organized all the workbooks for Lin Miao before giving them to her.

Even though they weren't as legendary as Yu Jingxuan, everyone who made it to this university was a genius, so all of their notes were pretty valuable.

In the final days before the test, due to her constant studying and reviewing, she didn't feel stressed and even wished for it to come quicker, likely because she was confident in her knowledge.

Before the exam, Lin Miao's parents and Yu Jingxuan's mother and grandma all came to watch Lin Miao enter the exam building.

Even though it had been so many years since she had met Yu Jingxuan's family, Lin Miao's mother still didn't forget Yu Jingxuan's celebrity mother, and his grandma. The things that happened back then were very memorable.