Chapter 55

55: During the Competition

The Young Master's mother was done bullying Mu Qingqing. After all, she was only a little girl, so just those few times were enough.

The Young Master's mother didn't expect such a young girl to possess those abilities online. In her memory, everyone who acted like her online were middle-aged netizens.

Furthermore, she did act much like a normal person would in front of her son.

Mid-flight, the Young Master's mother headed for the washroom to redo her makeup.

But at the washroom, she noticed that Mu Qingqing had followed her down the aisle.

Nevermind then.

She calmly washed her hands.

Turning around, she heard the girl speak loftily, "Hey, I saw you sleeping on Jinxuan's shoulder a moment ago, are you guys really close?"

"Not really, I was just too sleepy, so I leaned against him for some rest. What's wrong?"

"Just asking." Mu Qingqing was furious. Forget the younger sister that spontaneously popped out, who was this supposed to be?

Mu Qingqing was too spoiled as a child. Her grandmother had used her connections with the Young Master's grandmother to send her to the Yu family when she was little. However, she threw tantrums when she was with their family, ruining the relationship, and was forbidden from seeing the Young Master ever since.

When she later ran into the Young Master, she thought of how his mother was once the most popular superstar, an experienced film queen, and was a celebrity even as a child. She probably had countless connections in the circle.

If she could get together with the Young Master, she would essentially have a straight road into the realm of internet stars under the title of daughter-in-law, not to mention her connections.

She hadn't expected that the Young Master would act as if he had a signal jammer, completely ignoring her. And if that wasn't enough, a pretty, gifted little sister suddenly appeared?

Mu Qingqing was concerned that this so-called "sister" would take slices of her pie when she entered the entertainment circle herself.

On top of that, there was now this new girl in front of her, and even she had a better relationship with him.

How could Mu Qingqing not be restless?

All of her emotions were foolishly written on her face.

"Do you need anything else? Let me pass if you don't," the Young Master's mother said.

In Mu Qingqing's heart, she wanted to tell her to distance herself from the Young Master, but she didn't know how to express it in this situation. Instead, she just stared at the girl leaving in front of her.

As an old witch in the circle, it was effortless for the Young Master's mother.

She dried her hands and walked back to her seat.

Prior to the competition, the Young Master didn't visit nor contact Lin Miao at all, stunning his mother. She had thought that she would be able to see Lin Miao right away upon arriving.

To this, the Young Master explained, "So that she can keep calm while preparing to compete."

"Fine," the Young Master's mother said.

They sat in the first row. Lin Miao soon appeared on the playing field.

Lin Miao's first opponent was South Korean. It was the Young Master's mother's first time watching a match in person.