Chapter 51

51: Sticking Gege's Pictures

Before, Lin Miao thought that her older brother was pretty, soshe looked at him whenever she wanted.

Now, although her older brother was still very pretty, she was too embarrassed to look at him.

Lin Miao continued to walk, her mind struggling to decide whether to look at him or not.

The street was quite empty in the early morning. The Young Master remembered to ask Lin Miao what had happened in her home village.

Lin Miao skipped the backstory of Little Ling and the things about marriage. She just told him that her friend had come to live with her in the city!

Unaware of the complicated backstory, the Young Master felt sad: "..." Of course, friends are more important than him.

Lin Miao was unaware of the Young Master's teenage heart. She added, "Gege, we've already promised to not marry. In the future, I'll make some more money to buy us a big house and Gege can live with me in the house."

The Young Master's heart itched. He slightly lowered his head and looked at Lin Miao, "Okay."

After the trip back to the village, she could sympathize with her older brother: staying single was great.

Lin Miao didn't ask her older brother to help take care of Little Ling. She knew her older brother was too busy considering he had denied the girl she met before.

It was now the fourth day of the new lunar year. Even though Lin Miao had a few more days of winter break left, she decided to return early to the sports complex in order to practice badminton when she woke up in the morning.

She announced this to her parents during breakfast. After eating, she headed for the sports complex with a duffle bag on her back.

What Lin Miao had said when she received her phone now turned out to be true. She would still remember her phone even if she were to lose everything else.

She brought her phone along, so she read the Young Master's messages when she got to the sports complex.

Lin Miao told her older brother that she was practicing there.

She also invited Tan Jing to play badminton with her in advance. Soon enough, Tan Jing also arrived.

Out of the 365 days of the year, the two lived with each other for at least 340 of the days. They would see each other every morning when they open their eyes, and they would go to sleep together at night. It was strange for them to be separated for a couple of days, so they greeted each other with a long hug.

Then, they started to play.

When the Young Master arrived, Lin Miao was an hour into practice. Her head was dotted with sweat droplets. She had taken off her coat, and was wearing only her sports shirt.

Lin Miao had her back facing the Young Master, so she didn't know her older brother was present.

The Young Master didn't call out to her, either. He picked up her coat, which had been thrown onto the ground, and held it in his hands.

The Young Master stood aside, watching Lin Miao play.

He had been to most of her tournaments, but had barely seen her practice.

After a while, Tan Jing asked for a break. She had practiced during the holidays, but since her schedule was much more relaxed, she was feeling a bit tired.

Lin Miao turned her head around. She then saw the Young Master look at her smilingly with her coat in his hands.

Tan Jing greeted the Young Master, "Hello, brother Shui's older brother."