Chapter 69

69: Competition Sequela

She was still abroad, so the place for morning practice became a nearby sports complex.

Her daily cycle began at 5 in the morning.

Usually, her coach wouldn't intervene in this.

She showered after she came back and then ate breakfast. She had breakfast freedom again.

There was an even wider selection of breakfast options at the Olympics. Before, Lin Miao would only pick foods she was familiar with, but now that her competitions concluded, she naturally picked whatever she wanted.

Since she left her phone behind, Lin Miao had no idea how her older brother was and whether or not he saw that she had won.

Her parents and little brother definitely saw her win back in their apartment. When they had first heard that Lin Miao was participating in the Olympics, her mother wanted to come. However, Lin Miao didn't agree considering that her parents were busy, that the competition spanned over multiple days, and that it was in a foreign place. It was too inconvenient.

They could just watch the live television streams at home anyway.

Now that the competition ended, Lin Miao began to miss the Young Master.

She suddenly realized that next time, she should ask her coach to keep her phone for her and hand it back after the competitions ended.

At that time, she wouldn't have to stress over the competitions anymore, so she certainly wouldn't lose her phone.

After breakfast, her coach pulled her aside to talk to her.

"Shuishui, why don't you seem that happy now that you've won this match?" She would normally be ecstatic for many days, but the joy seemed to have quickly faded away after this one.

Lin Miao shook her head, "No, it just hasn't sunk in yet."

"Do you think the Japanese player was better than you?" Before, he was always worried about his athletes being too conceited. Acclamation and fame could be motivation, but they were also poison to developing teenagers still gathering social experience.

That was how he thought until he met Lin Miao, whom he realized was born for tournaments.

Lin Miao nodded embarrassingly. They had reviewed and discussed their strategy multiple times before the match, but she never said a word about her thoughts on their plan. Now that the match was over, she said the words she kept in her head. "I studied all her games, she's really good."

"But she still lost." The coach looked at Lin Miao, "She panicked in the second half of the game, messing up her own play."

Lin Miao nodded, making sure to learn from this mistake.

Then, the coach pulled out something smilingly, "Oh, Tan Jing asked me to give this to you."

It was her phone!

She had asked Tan Jing to keep her phone. They still lived with each other most of the time.

Sister Jing was so smart to have their coach keep her phone.

"She said that it woudl be better for you to have your phone after you win," the coach said, "and she's right, it's a lot easier for you to do things here abroad when you have a phone on you."

Lin Miao appreciatively took the phone, thinking that sister Jing was the smartest person in this world.

After her exchange with her coach, she turned her smartphone on and saw messages from her mother, the Young Master, little Ling, and also Tan Jing.