Chapter 5

5: Cannot Disturb Him

Lin Miao meticulously completed her task. When the medicine was about to run out, she went to call the doctor to pull out the needle.

It was the same doctor as the one she met yesterday. She had a mild personality and was a bit chubby.

She took out a cotton swab and handed it to Lin Miao, whispering, "Use this to press at the skin when I pull out the needle in a bit, okay?"

Lin Miao quietly nodded.

She was a bit nervous as she held the cotton swab.

The Young Master's hand was very white. He had many eye-catching cyan-blue dots on the back of his hand.

Lin Miao watched the doctor pull out the needle. She could feel the pain just by looking at it.

When the doctor was done, she supported his hand with one of hers and pressed the swab on the puncture with her other hand.

"Just keep pressing for a few minutes, don't let it bleed." The doctor said quietly as she cleaned the room. Then, she left.

Lin Miao nodded.

Lin Miao couldn't help but look at the Young Master sleeping on the bed after the doctor left.

He's so handsome, Lin Miao thought, he's probably the most beautiful person in the world.

With his eyes closed, she could see his long eyelashes. He was sleeping peacefully, it was wonderful to look at.

And then she saw his pair of eyes open, the amber eyes still somewhat blurry. Then, he saw her, and then, her holding his hands.

The Young Master furrowed his brows, wanting to take back his hand immediately.

Who was Lin Miao! Even though they were born on the same date, on the same year, and equally as old.

But, one was on a bed, sick throughout the year, and the other was a countryside kid who ran in the mountains. It was impossible for the Young Master to forcefully pull back his hand.

Lin Miao held his hand tightly, dutifully pressing on the puncture caused by the infusion with the cotton swab. She said seriously, "Don't move, you'll bleed."

The Young Master couldn't take his hand back. "Don't touch my hand from now on." He said, trying to keep his face.

Lin Miao was bewildered. "I washed my hands. I'll show you in a moment."

The Young Master was on a completely different wavelength from her. She still didn't let go of his hand, and he couldn't pull his hand out, so he ignored her out of anger.

Lin Miao didn't notice that he was angry. Seeing that he was awake, she tried to start a conversation, "Grandma said we can go out to walk when you wake up."

The Young Master was a bit unhappy. "I don't want to go."

Lin Miao finally let go of his hand, letting out a breath of relief after confirming that he didn't bleed.

But there was a small red dot.

The Young Master pulled his hand back and turned around to sleep.

Lin Miao thought that he was actually sleeping, so she watched him silently.

The Young Master couldn't fall asleep while being watched like this. "Can you go out?" He asked.

Lin Miao thought about this question, and then responded quietly, "No."

The Young Master felt like her tone was a bit sad, so he raised his head and asked, "Why not?"

"I don't know what to do if I were to go out... They're all adults..." Lin Miao said quietly.