Chapter 50

50: Meeting Gege Again~

Lin Miao's mother originally thought that Lin Miao had simply hid Little Ling.

She wasn't expecting that Lin Miao had brought her to town overnight.

Everyone was in shock when Lin Miao told them.

Lin Miao's mother ran her hand over Lin Miao's head. "You have some guts!"

She didn't know what else to say. After all, Lin Miao had walked almost three hours through the mountains under the rain in the middle of the night.

Lin Miao's mother placed her hand on Lin Miao's forehead to check her temperature. Once she was sure that Lin Miao hadn't developed a fever, she felt relieved.

Lin Miao smiled at her mother, "I'll be more considerate next time."

She didn't have much planned last night and had just followed her heart.

They immediately headed for Little Ling upon entering the town. Little Ling had never been outside of the village, much less alone in the town, so the adults were still a bit suspicious.

However, they discovered that Lin Miao wasn't lying after arriving at the hotel. Little Ling was suffering from a bad cold. She laid on the bed, afraid to get up.

Lin Miao's parents rushed Little Ling to the hospital with Lin Miao.

Lin Miao was fine, but Little Ling's fever was dangerously high-she needed an infusion.

Lin Miao gave all of Little Ling's belongings to her. She also gave her the contract paper. "We don't have to worry from now on," Lin Miao said.

Little Ling was in shock. "Why would they..."

"Either way, they agreed," Lin Miao intejected, her face red. She hadn't told Little Ling about the money... Everyone thought that it was strange for her to give money. Lin Miao had wanted to end this thoroughly; she didn't give money just because she had so much of it.

Lin Miao's mother went to the water boiler outside the clinic to get some hot water. It was also the perfect opportunity to discuss with Lin Miao's father about what they should do with the little girl.

"Little Ling seems like a good kid, why don't we let her follow us for a bit." Lin Miao's mother said.

The father was all for it. "Sure, she can't do anything alone, she's so little. It'd be pretty dangerous for her, so let's keep her until she adjusts to this new environment. We can decide what to do once she's more comfortable with living outside of the village."

There were no disputes, and an agreement was made.

Lin Miao's mother soon returned with hot water, coming in as Lin Miao peeled an apple for Little Ling. As her mother, she knew Lin Miao's character. Understanding that it was unnecessary for her to ask Lin Miao, she asked calmly in front of the two children, "What is Little Ling planning to do in the future?"

"I'm going to find a job and work," Little Ling responded as she wiped her tears. She saw hope in her life again, so she tossed all her troubles to the back of her head. Even though her knowledge of working was just the measly information she gathered from others at the village, she was optimistic.

"Since you're working, how about this," Lin Miao's mother said, "You can help me first. It's just helping me pick and buy food, washing vegetables, and cooking meals. I'll pay you. Alternatively, if you want to study first, we can think of another way." Lin Miao's mother was still cooking and delivering meals for the workers, so it would be a great transition for Little Ling. She could decide whether she wants to study or work afterwards. There was always a way to learn, and she could be a tradeswoman if she didn't want to study.