Chapter 12

12: Things Regarding Roasted Corn on the Cob
Lin Miao spent most of her time in the Young Master's room since she hasn't gotten in trouble for doing so yet. Plus, she was brought in by the old madam, her grandmother who neither the doctor nor the housekeeper intervened with.

Lin Miao was still taking the job of watching the Young Master's infusion.

Today, during dusk, Lin Miao noticed that the clouds outside were so red as if they were aflame.

Lin Miao helped the Young Master up. "Look, look!"

And pulled the Young Master out of his room.

There was an elaborate balcony on the second floor.

They soon reached it and tilted their heads up at the fiery clouds.

And couldn't help but widen their eyes.

The doctor quickly came.

The Young Master peered at the doctor and then pulled Lin Miao inside.

The doctor followed up to them.

The two exchanged looks, and then the Young Master mouthed, 'The Young Master's body is not good, don't let him catch the wind.'

Simultaneously, the doctor reminded them from behind, "The Young Master's body is not good, don't let him catch the wind."

His gestures were identical to the doctor's! Lin Miao fought to hold her laugh back.

After returning to the bedroom and watching the doctor leave, the two exploded with laughter as they watched the clouds from the windowsill.

Looking at the clouds, Lin Miao unconsciously said, "This scene was quite common back at my place. Usually, I would be picking firewood in the mountains."

The Young Master was a bit curious, "Picking firewood?"

Lin Miao paused a bit to think. "Picking firewood... It's basically collecting and bringing home dry branches to burn so that we can cook."

The image popped up in her head, causing her to let out a sigh. "So unfortunate, you can only go home with me in the New Year, there won't be any fresh corn left. Right now, we have fresh corn that we can roast on fire heated stones. During New Years, we would only have sweet potatoes left to roast.

The Young Master saw her swallow while speaking. Those roasted corn on the cobs must be really good.

So, during dinner, some roasted corn appeared on the table.

The grandmother was shocked. The housekeeper said the Young Master wanted it.

The dish was still in front of the Young Master, so Lin Miao was too shy to reach for it.

The grandma asked Lin Miao, smiling, "Shuishui, do you want corn?"

Lin Miao really wanted it, but she remembered her mom telling her that it wasn't polite to eat chicken feet with her bare hands when visiting other people's houses. Eating corn off the cob was basically the same as eating chicken feet, so Lin Miao shook her head.

The grandma proceeded to ask the Young Master, "Little Yu, do you want to eat corn?"

The Young Master who scored full on dinner etiquette couldn't quite imagine how it would be like; eating corn with his hands in front of everyone, so he also shook his head.

No one ended up eating the roasted corn, which was perfectly fine.

Returning to the room after dinner, Lin Miao was still a bit unsettled.