Chapter 101

101: She's Still Stupid

Since the two concluded that hiring a cook wasn't preferable, they both dedicated their time to learning how to cook.

Lin Miao had some prior knowledge, as she'd cooked when she was little and still often helped her mother in the kitchen later on.

Yu Jingxuan had no experience, but he didn't seem like a beginner at all. He dared to try everything.

Lin Miao's parents weren't coming back for lunch, so it was up to Yu Jingxuan and Lin Miao to feed themselves.

They first made rice, which was simple and completed in no time.

Sautéing the vegetables was also pretty easy. The most challenging part was making a meat dish.

After much struggle in the kitchen, they finally finished their meat dish. It was... salted fine, but not as good as it should be.

Since Lin Miao finished her exams, Yu Jingxuan's mother couldn't resist inviting Lin Miao to eat together again.

They could be a single family in a few years if they married while still in university. There could be a real chance for that to happen.

Yu Jingxuan's mother kept thinking positively like this. She also thought that it might be a bit hard for Lin Miao to fit in with the people in her dorm. She would be twenty-one whereas everyone else would be eighteen or nineteen. She was a former world champion, too.

However, trumping all these things, was that her son should be buying a house in a neighbourhood near the university campus.

Yu Jingxuan's mother didn't like to hold things in her mind, so when Yu Jingxuan returned home with Lin Miao, she told them her thoughts.

"It's the perfect time for you to buy a house. If you start right now and get it renovated, you should be able to start living there not long after university starts."

Yu Jingxuan: "..." This was why he didn't invite Lin Miao over often. The things his mother would say were out of Lin Miao's current considerations.

Lin Miao didn't know all of this, and thought that Yu Jingxuan's mother was giving genuine advice.

Yu Jingxuan quickly changed the topic, skipping over all the talk about buying a house.

They were only twenty, so Yu Jingxuan was in no hurry.

Regarding Lin Miao possibly having a hard time adapting to her new dorm environment, Yu Jingxuan thought that she should still try it out before deciding whether to stay or not.

Soon after, the exam scores were released. At that time, Lin Miao and Yu Jingxuan were eating lunch.

Lin Miao's phone rang. It was the sound for text messages.

Lin Miao pulled her phone over. She assumed that it was an advertisement, as she kept getting spam after she'd bought something off Taobao some time ago.

However, when her gaze landed on the message, she saw the words "Student Lin Miao" at the start.

Following were her test scores for all her subjects.

It was clear that the message wasn't spam, but Lin Miao was still nervous. "Gege, Gege!"

Yu Jingxuan looked at the message. She scored 135 on literacy, 142 on math, 130 on English, and 258 for her minor subjects. It wasn't on top of the charts, but she should be able to pass safely, judging by previous years.

(Note: Literacy, English, and Math all have 150 points in total, and 300 points are available for minor subjects. 650 total points and above is usually considered exceptional for the exam.)