S1.C10 - A Spaniard first win (Silverstone)

"Hello, Toto?"
"Come in Lewis" says a woman.
We have been invited to Toto's house in Monaco for dinner, Lewis needs to discuss his contract and they are used to have dinner together to discuss it, more like friends than work mates. It's not a formal occasion, both me and Lewis are wearing casual clothes, you will never guess we are having dinner with our boss.

"Hi, I'm Susie, you must be Isabelle"
"Yes, nice to meet you"
"Oh that's so nice to have you both here, this is Jack"
A shy child comes out from behind Susie, he is so cute, with brown hair and two big brown eyes.
"Hi Jack"
"Hallo"
"Jack, it's Lewis and his girlfriend Isabelle, they don't speak German" Toto says smiling "but Isabelle speaks Italian if you want to practice"
"Parli italiano?" [Do you speak Italian?]
"Certo, sono italiana" [sure, I'm Italian]
"Mi piace la vostra pizza" [I like your pizza]
He smiles and looks more comfortable.

"Do you eat chicken? Or are you vegan too?" Says Susie while we sit down at the dinner table.
"I love chicken"
"Oh thanks God, Lewis you are the only one problematic" she says laughing "I'm joking I made a salad for you"
"Thank you Susie" Lewis says. I can see that they know each other for a very long time, they are all so comfortable with each other, almost like a family.

"Sei un ingegnere?" [Are you an engineer?]Jack asks.
"Si" [yes]
"Io voglio essere un pilota da grande" [i want to be a driver when I grew up]
"Diventerai un grande campione Jack" [you'll be a big champion Jack]
"Sarai il mio ingegnere? Sei quello di Lewis vuol dire che sei brava" [will you be my engineer? You are Lewis one, that mean you are good]
I smile "Certo Jack" [of course Jack]
He smiles and go sitting with his dad.
"What did he say?" Lewis whispers.
"He wants me as his future engineer"
Lewis turns around and says "Jack you have good work taste"
The child smiles even more. We eat dinner chatting, then Lewis and Toto go to his room and I go sitting on the sofa with Susie and Jack.

"Do I have to fight with Jack Wolff?" Lewis says while we are walking back home.
I laugh and pushing him a little "No Sir, I'm all yours"

Home race. Double home race. I'll meet Lewis dad this week which is another stress.
We arrive in Silverstone on the press day and there are a lots of fans, yellow neon caps are visible on the crowd. I'm happy seeing all this support.

On Friday it's pouring and we don't have so much time to use in FP1 but despite this is looking like we are flying this weekend. 1-2 in FP1 and FP2. The whole garage is thrilled to finaly see the car at this level.

On Friday night we have a family dinner.
"Are you sure you want me to come?"
"I hope you are not serious"
"I am, Lewis, I don't want to force you to present me to your family"
"I want them to meet you. I'm 100% sure"
He is really elegant and I am too, wearing a red short dress.

When we arrive at the restaurant I ask him "Do I look good?"
"I am a very lucky man" he says looking at me.
"Have you seen yourself? I am the lucky one" I give him a little kiss and he gently moves my hair behind my shoulders "Now you are perfect"
His dad's family is really nice to me, I feel comfortable talking to them.

"She's really nice Lewis" says his stepmother "and you look really happy"
"I am happy"
"That's all we want to hear, I watched you two tonight, she is looking at you like you're her everything and you do the same. The way you touched her, you move her hair, take her hand. I know there is an age gap not so small but believe me it won't influence that gazes"
"Thanks mom" says Lewis like when he was a child.

On Saturday we arrive at the track in difference moments. I arrive really early, wearing my team jacket and Lewis neon cap, there are a lot of fans waiting at the entrance, some of them ask me for pictures, others tell me to say hi to Lewis and George.
When Lewis comes to the track he looks happy "we are home" he repeats every time I say I love the atmosphere.
Quali don't go as we expected but cars are good here so we look forward for tomorrow.