S2.C13 - The next project (Singapore)

Lewis and Isabelle went back to Brackley with the whole team on Sunday night and she couldn't wait to go back to work.

On Monday when she entered the office Toto called her right away "I want to have a word with you, Lewis and George"
"Of course" she entered his office.
"I talked to our lawyers and the discussion between Isabelle and Max or Horner, you choose, will not be broadcasted or anything else. Screams in the paddock they are and they will remain, if they will ever try to use it against her we are gonna bring up Zandvoort again and they know it is already a bad topic" he looked at Isabelle, she grabbed Lewis hand at that track name "But" Toto smiled "Isabelle promised him something, right? And I am the first that would love to see it happening but it will take a lot of work and dedication and... luck. Do you have a plan?"
"I... I actually have" she said looking at her boss "but I don't know if we are all ok with it"
"We are listening" he said "and I think Lewis already knows but I don't think George does so..."
Isabelle stood up and got in front of the table "I promised them, well Horner, I promised that we will win everything, every race and both the championships"
George smiled "I mean, I'd love that"
"The problem is one" she took a deep breath "for the drivers championship-"
"Lewis is the man" George said looking at her.
"Yes, I am really sorry George but he is ahead on points and-"
"I get it" he interrupted her again "he is the man, the first driver, I get it"
"George" started Toto but Isabelle talked on him "George, I know it sucks and I hate the first and second driver, I really hate it but I think we need it here, it is going to be hard to achieve both as we have two big teams against. I need you to understand that it is necessary, we have no choice"
"I get it, go on"
"Ok. Ehm, I don't just want to win, I want to get both cars on podium at every race, I want as many 1-2 as we can. I have something on my mind but I won't discuss it yet as I need to elaborate it but that's the plan."
"Lots of work" Lewis said.
"Yes" she said.
"Isabelle, Lewis, George are you all ok with the load of work?"
"Yes" said the drivers
"Yes" said the girl, her eyes showing her hunger to achieve their goal.
"Ok, let's discuss some details..."

Lewis and Toto exited the room and Isabelle grabbed George arm pushing him inside the empty room again "You might be the second driver this year but, look at me, you will be world champion, I promise you that I'll do everything I can to make it happens, do you trust me?"
"I trust you" but his eyes didn't say the same
"Georgie" the girl pronounced his nickname like a beg "Trust me"
"I trust you, Isabelle, but knowing I'll have to give up my position to Lewis if I'll be in P1 is frustrating"
"I know..."
"But I also understand it so I'll deal with it"
"If there is a chance to make you win some GP I'll make sure you will, trust me"
He looked into her green eyes, she trusted her, he knew she meant was she was saying "I trust you, Italian girl" he smiled "I trust you and I know you'll be by my side when I'll be world champion"
"Every time" she said smiling
"Every time" he repeated and hugged her.

A few days later, Lewis was talking to one of the aerodynamics when he saw Isabelle running down the stairs with a huge smile on her face "Why are you so happy?"
"I found it, I found the zeropods project solution"
"You did what?" Lewis almost let his phone falling to the ground "How?"
"We need to have funds to change the car"
"But our car is perfect, with side pods"
"It is a matter of pride, Toto thinks it too. Can you imagine beating them with the project they mocked us for?"
"Poetic"
"Exactly" she smiled

The morning before leaving for Singapore, she didn't went to work, it was a day off, Toto insisted that her and Lewis should take at least a day off every week. She woke up in Brackley and after a quick shower she went downstairs to have breakfast, Lewis was out for his usual morning run so she was going to prepare breakfast for the both of them. When she arrived in the kitchen there was a huge bouquet of fresh flowers with a message.
-Some flowers for my love L.-
He often bought her flowers, especially during the summer break he always made her find fresh flowers to cheer her up. She smiled and put them in a vase, then she prepared breakfast and sat down waiting for her boyfriend to come back home.