S2.C6 - Personalised cup (Monaco)

We head to the sponsor event and already in the car I regret the choice of these high heels, it is going to be a long night and I need to find a way to tell Lewis about the news. We sit at the table number 4 and start eating.
"Hi" Jack appears from behind in a suit with a big smile on his face
"Hi Jack, you are here too"
"Yep, I won the karting championship so I will be one of the guests tonight"
"Uhh what a honour" says Lewis placing his hand on Jack's shoulder.
"One day I will be an 8-time world champion like you"
Lewis looks at me and I smile "Seven"
"Eight" Jack smiles all proud and goes back to his table, Lewis and I start laughing.

When the event comes to the end they give everyone a glass of champagne to celebrate the winners of all the prizes.
"Lewis..." I say putting down the glass he gave me
"What? You love wine" he looks at me confused.
"I don't feel like it tonight"
"Are you sick again?"
"No, no, I just don't feel like"
"Ok, little star" he wraps his arm around my waist while holding up the glass.

On Thursday the official weekends starts, I go down on track to do a little debrief with some engineers and after I decide to walk around the paddock to enjoy the atmosphere.
"Ciao"
"Carlos! Hey"
"Do you have time for a coffee? I want to hide from the cameras for a couple of minutes, too much people" he laughs
"Yes" I say following him in the Ferrari hospitality.

"So how are you?"
"Good, good. I am better than last month but I am back at work full time so back at being tired full time"
He smiles "this weekend at least you will sleep on your bed"
"True but I am not sleeping a lot lately"
"Why?"
"Things on my mind" I say looking at my coffee
"Everything's good?"
"Yes, yes, I am trying to say something to someone but it is not easy"
"Tell me and maybe I can help" he says sipping his coffee
"I don't think it is a good idea"
"Why?"
"It is a big thing Carlos and what happened between us..."
"I am over it, really... I asked Sofia to be my official girlfriend"
"That's amazing!" I say grabbing his hand "Congratulation Carlitos"
"Thanks, I don't know how to make it public..."
"It is easy, bring her to the paddock one morning and boom it is public" we both laugh
"Then do the same" he says "just tell them"
"It is a bit complicated"
"It can't be that big, what are you? Pregnant?" I look at him and made a shy smile
"Surprise"
"Dios mio... congratulation!"
"Shhh nobody knows" I say laughing "and thanks"
He hugs me "Lewis will be happy"
"I know but I still don't know how to tell him"

"Lewis? Can you sit down a second I need to tell you something" I need to tell him, this thing is driving me crazy and I can't concentrate on my work.
"Is everything ok? Do I have to worry?"
"No, no" I give him a little bag and sit next to him "I tried to find the right way to tell you but I really don't know so..."
Lewis opens the bag and looks at the cup inside, it is one of his travel cup with a straw "A new cup? I have thousand of these"
"Turn it around"
He turns around the cup and reads "Best dad ever?"
I smile and look at him a little worried "Surprise"
"Are you? Are you sure?"
"Pretty sure, I got multiple pregnancy tests and they were all positives"
"Oh my God, oh my God" he places his hand on my belly "we will have a baby"
"We will have a baby"
He kisses my forehead and I lay my head on his shoulder "I have a visit next week, it is a first check, would you like to-"
"Yes"
"I am sorry I told you this in the middle of the race weekend but I couldn't keep it for myself any longer"
"Sorry? This is the best news ever"
I look at him, he looks genuinely happy, his eyes are shining while he looks at the window repeating "dad, dad..."

On Saturday morning, Lewis is still hyped by the news, he wakes up before me and prepares breakfast.
"Lewis, you don't have to" I say eating a berry
"I know but it is a really full day and you need to get energies and-"
"Lewis, shut up, just sit here and eat with me" he smiles and sits next to me on the bed
"A bouquet of flowers waits for you in the living room"
"Lewis" I look at him and he is smiling, he knows how much I love flowers "thanks"

"Ready for the quali?"
"Super ready, I want the pole" Lewis says
"You'll get that" I say kissing him
"And what about me?" George appears from behind with his hands on his hips
"P2 honey"
"Nah, I want the pole"
"Then you need to take it from me" says Lewis punching his shoulder "see you on track"
George turns around to me and touching his cheek says "good luck kiss for me too"
I give him a quick kiss and act disgusted
"Drama queen"
"He said" I say laughing while he walks to his car laughing

"Excellent quali" says the reporter
"Yes but we are still worried for tomorrow, Monaco is a tricky track" I say, I'm so nervous that Toto sent me for the interviews "our race pace is not as good as the red bulls"
"Are they more worried about you or you about them?"
"My team and I are not worried at all, we can beat them"
"Confidente enough" the reporter smile "and have the team fixed the brake problem?"
"Yes..."

Lewis looks at Isabelle, she is so sexy when she talks about his car.
"She sounds like you" says Fernando, Lewis turns around and sees the spaniard smiling "she must be interesting to live with"
"You recall living with someone like me" he laughs
"Not my best memories but it has been a long time ago"
"Anyway I don't think she sounds like me"
"She does, see her attitude, the smile when she said you don't fear red bull? Like, how can I say it? Bitchy attitude" they both laugh
"She is adorable... most of the time but she can be a bit spicy when she wants" Lewis looks at him "you don't want her angry, have you seen how she demolished Ferrari possibilities for the P2 last year?"
"Oh yes, we all saw. Be careful, man"
"I know" Lewis smiles again and punches Fernando on the shoulder.

On Sunday we all smile when we hear the f1 TV screaming "Mercedes were not the favourites for today's race even with yesterday excellent qualifying, but that's what they do, that's what we always forget about them, they always come back. Ladies and Gentlemen, today here in Monaco it is a 1-2 for Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton takes the win here after 4 years!"

After the race the team goes to the pool and we watch Lewis jumping into the pool, he swims and gets out, he comes to me and lifts me up.
"Lewis put me down!" I scream but he laughs "Lewis Hamilton!"
"Winners get into the pool"
"Don't you..." but I can't finish the line as he throws me into the pool
"You are a dead man, mate" says George laughing looking at me getting off the pool
"He is" I say and I start running to him. All the cameras are on us and when I reach him he blocks my arms "Little star, I don't think you will be able to push me into the pool"
"Oh I know but he can" I say and look on his confused face while George push him into the pool.

While the crowd is starting to fade, I sit down with Lewis in one of the deckchair, we are both wrapped in towels.
"This win is for you" he says placing his hand on my leg
"Why?"
"A win in Monaco is one of the highest achievement in f1 and after the news you gave me, I want you to know that this win is for you" he slowly takes off his towel and looks at his drenched clothes "for you and for the baby"
"Aw Lewis" I sit closer to him and hug him

On Sunday night Lewis posts on IG his usual photo dump, there is a photo of me in our living room with the flowers he gave me on Saturday and the last picture is from the pool, me and him sitting on the deckchair smiling "Monaco was unforgettable this time, need more flower for Isabelle after getting her into the pool though" I smile knowing on Monday morning I'll probably find another bouquet on my desk.