Epilogue - 8 years later

"Mom! Mom!" the 7-years old boy ran into the garage. The little boy was wearing a way too large team shirt, his mom looked at him and took off her headphones opening her arms to hug him.
"Ayrton, what are you doing here? Where's your dad?" her voice was calm but a bit irritated.
"In the motorhome"
"And you-"
"Ayrton!" Lewis appeared from the back door running to them.
"You left him alone?"
"My love, he ran away as usual" he stepped forward to give her a quick kiss "he wants to be in the garage with you as usual"
Isabelle smiled and looked at her son "Ayrton next time just wait for your dad and sister, ok?"
"Sì mamma" [yes mom] the boy turned around hearing a familiar voice "Uncle Georgie!"
"The big boy is here, my lucky charm" answered the british.
"Can I see the car? Mom? Please, please, please"
"Yes, you can as long as you listen to uncle George"
"Ok" he answered jumping off her lap and taking the driver's hand.

"Mommy!" a pair of green eyes appeared from behind Lewis legs, a white cap between her small hands.
"Angela"
"Can I see the colour lines?"
Isabelle smiled, her daughter loved to see the graphs from the data sets and that was her first question every time she entered the garage.
"Of course baby"
The girl walked slowly to her mom but suddenly stop and ran to the other driver who appeared from the pit lane "Kimi!"
"Il nostro piccolo angioletto è qui!" [Our little angel is here!] the Italian mercedes driver smiled hugging the little girl
"Vado a guardare i dati con mamma, tu vai veloce ok?" [I go see the datas with mom, you go fast ok?]
"Sure" he smiled going back to his car as the little girl ran back to her mom.

"Angela?" Isabelle asked that evening as she gave a quick look at her husband entering the room.
"Asleep with Sarah in the motorhome" Lewis answered looking at his wife, she grew old but was still the most beautiful woman he has ever seen, the brown hair were up in a ponytail, the only make up she was wearing was mascara as she used to do when they met. The team t-shirt she used to wear wasn't her outfit anymore, the chief of strategy needed to wear a white embroider team shirt.
She smiled and hugged him, her arms around him and her head laid on his chest "I'm a bit tired"
"You have to do something else?"
"Just a quick debrief with the guys on the last tyres update"
"Ok" he kissed her forehead "Ayrton is with Kimi, I'll take him and asked Kimi to get to here"
"Thanks" she smiled "and Lewis?"
"Yes?"
"Tell Ayrton that he needs to wake up early tomorrow, his pit lane pass for F3 and his Prema cap will be on the desk of my office in the motorhome, you can leave Angela with me, she will not be a problem during the morning debriefs"
"F3?"
"Jack Wolff is racing and Ayrton said he wanted to see him"
"He is debuting tomorrow?"
"Yes, he is driving tomorrow" Isabelle grabbed her computer from the desk
"And Toto and Susie? They left this morning"
"They will arrive in time, I heard from her earlier"
"Perfect"

As Isabelle was waiting for the rest of the team to arrive at the last meeting of the day she grabbed her phone, the first photo that appears on her IG feed was from the team account. Ayrton and Angela were with the two drivers in the motorhome, the little girl was hugging George, "Giogi" as she liked to call him and Ayrton was chatting with Kimi.
"Little Hamiltons on a visit" was the capture
Isabelle smiled reading it and realising how Mercedes stayed her family even after Lewis retired, even after Toto was no longer the team principal, even after for two years they weren't able to have a good car and stayed in the midfield. George always stayed and even after becoming a champion for three times, he was still pushing and pushing Kimi to get better and to grow as much as possible. Guess the little girl who entered a F1 paddock the first time wearing a red t-shirt never expected to be where she was today, with the job of her dreams, with her husband and two children supporting her as her team did in the last years.

----
Hello readers, this is officially the last chapters of this story. Thanks to everyone who read it and stayed till the end, it's been a rollercoaster and I loved writing it, I hope you enjoyed reading it too even though I know it is a bit different from the usual fan fiction about F1. If you'd like go check my other stories.
Thanks again,
A.