S1.C11 - Headache and fire (Austria)

"RedBull ring, how is the race here?" I ask Lewis. We are on the plane to Austria, we are both still happy from the amazing weekend we just had in Silverstone.
"The track is nice, the position is amazing, full of green but don't expect a lot of Mercedes caps, we are at their home, like them last week."  he says "like when we go to Italy, it's normal"

Friday, quali day because it is a sprint weekend. I don't like them, we have to work a lot to have everything ready and if a car has an incident we need to do everything in a rush to fix it, I hope it won't happen.
The FP1 are good but the car doesn't work as well as last week, in the straights we are even slower than Haas, it looks like a disaster.
Quali are over and we haven't good positions, my phone rings but I can't understand a thing so I start walking, even out of the paddock, to find a good connection.

While I walk back to the paddock after the call, I hear a little girl screaming.
"Hey what are you doing?" I ask the big man who just push the girl on the ground.
"Mind your own business"
"If you let her go, I will" I help the girl getting up, she's wearing Lewis purple cap and has a Mercedes t-shirt.
"Danke" she whispers.
"I said mind your business Mercedes" he says taking the girl cap and throwing it away.
"Just go" I say to the girl and she run away looking for her cap.
"What is wrong with you?" I ask really upset.
"I don't like you, silver rats" he is extremely drunk I can smell it. Disgusting.
"Excuse me"
"You are the perfect silver rat aren't you? All dressed up, shirt, cap. Let me guess Lewis or George?"
He doesn't know who I am. Thanks god it would have been worse.
"You need to respect other fans. Go back to your seat and act like an adult"
"What if I don't?"
"I'll call the security"
"Of course, the little Mercedes girl calls the security"
"Fine" I'll turn around and start walking away. And then all I remember is black.

"Where's Isabelle? I haven't seen her since the quali end" asks a mechanic.
"What do you mean?" Says Lewis "Have someone seen Isabelle?" He screams.
Everybody looks confused.
"Angela where is she?"
"I don't know, she went out of the paddock because her phone wasn't working here"
"She's not inside the paddock?" Lewis looks extremely worried.
"Call her" Toto says.
"I'm trying but she is not answering" says Angela.
"Call the security, everyone in this damn place. Find her" Lewis says, his hands shaking recalling the drunk people he saw on the benches.

When I open my eyes I am in the medical centre. Lewis is next to my bed.
"Hey" I say.
"You're awake"
"What happened? My head hurts"
"I don't know exactly, a girl and her dad found you unconscious. You're ok, they did you all the checks, just an headache"
"Oh shit" I say remembering the man.
"What happened? Someone hurt you? Who?"
"I just remember a man, I think he pushes me to the ground"
"There have been a lot of complaints for bad behaviour, especially against Mercedes fans. That's what happened?" He looks worried.
"I think so, I was trying to defend a little girl and the man called us 'silver rats' so I think that was the problem"
"I'm sorry" he says kissing my hand, he lays near to me in the bed and he hugs me.
"It's not your fault Lewis, people are crazy"
"I guess they didn't recognise you" he said sadly.
"No they didn't" i hug him tighter "but when I understand how drunk he was, I was scared Lewis"
"It'll never happen again. I'll promise you that. I'll do everything. I'll send out the entire British army to defend you if that what it takes"
"Lewis..."
"You are too important for me, little star"
"I love you Lewis"
We stand there cuddle up for a while until a doctor come in and says I can go back home.
"Can we go to the motorhome?" I say while I put my jacket on.
"We should go to the hotel so you can rest"
"I need to check something, pleaseee"
"Just a sec"

We go back to the motorhome and I go to the engineers' room to discuss a possible strategy I got in my mind before the call. When I'm back to the main room I find Toto and Lewis talking.
"How are you?" Says Toto.
"I'm fine. Just an headache"
"We were worried" he says and I smile.
"What's happening here?" I say seeing the table full of official papers.
"We called the FIA. They'll made a statement tomorrow about the behaviour of fans around here. It never happened to have so many cases. And they touched... you"
"Lewis, I'm fine" I say grabbing his arm "But the situation can't be this one"
"The statement will be public tomorrow morning. I don't accept this behaviour, Austrians are not like that." I almost forgot Toto is Austrian and this is his home race "you'll have this weekend off, I don't accept excuses"
"Thank you Toto"
"Now we go back to the hotel, we both need to rest" Lewis says.

On Saturday morning, Lewis wakes me up with breakfast in bed and then we go together to the track.
I wear just my cap, I'm not working so I wear some normal clothes I brought with me.

"Stay close to me" Lewis says getting out of the car.
The statement is out and they increased the security all around the track and people are aware of what happened yesterday, some fans give me teddy bears or chocolate "to cheer you up" they say. So cute.

There is the sprint today and we need to gain some positions for the race, I still have a bit headache so I stay in the motorhome to watch the sprint.

"Toto is everything ok?" He looks kinda lost.
"Yes, Jack was supposed to be here with Susie this weekend but after yesterday they say they will come to France instead"
"I'm sorry"
"That's ok, I'm just sad because it is Jack home race too."

Sunday is a nightmare even before the race the track is already full of orange smoke. I still watch the race from the motorhome, my head is fine but I prefer like this as I'm not working.

I scream. Carlos car is on fire and I can't see him getting out.
"Where the fuck are the marshalls?"
"They'll come" Angela tries to calm me down.
"When? He's... he's..." I'm shaking.
He's out. He's safe.

I go out from the motorhome and I run to the Ferrari motorhome.
"You can't stay here"
"I just want to see Carlos"
"Bella" he's here, he looks a bit scared.
"Sei salvo" [you're safe]
I punch him "ero terrorizzata, perché non sei sceso subito?" [I was terrified, why didn't you get off the car right away?]
"Se la macchina tornava in pista, ci sarebbe stata SC e poteva costare la vittoria a Charles" [if the car rolled back to the track we would have had a SC and it could cost Charles the win]
"Non farlo mai più. Hai capito?" [Don't ever do that again. Do you understand ?]
He is smiling
"Little sister energy"
"Carlos, tra poco ti insulto, anche se stavi per morire 5minuti fa" ;Carlos I'm near to insulting you, even if you were nearly dying 5 min ago]
I'm smiling too.
He hugs me.
"Bella, tu stai bene? Volevo scriverti venerdì ma..." [are you ok? I wanted to text you on friday but...]
"Non preoccuparti sto bene, solo un po' di paura e un forte mal di testa, ma ora sto bene." [Don't worry I'm fine, just a bit scared and a bad headache, but now I'm fine]

I go under the podium and I stand there clapping for my Lewis. P3. I'm proud I didn't expect a podium today.

"Are you ok?" Lewis asks while we walk to the car.
"Yes, an horrible weekend, expect for this" i indicate the trophy he has in his hand "but Friday and today Carlos. I just want to go home to Monaco"
"Monaco is home?" He smiles.
"You are home, Lewis, and you live there"