S2.C15 - Sand and Strategies (Qatar)

After Japan, Isabelle and Lewis took different planes, Lewis went back to Monaco while Isabelle took the team flight and went straight to Brackley. She worked full-time for the whole week and finally on Sunday she met Lewis in Monaco.
"I know you are here for work but it is still good to have you here, I missed you" said Lewis hugging her at the door of their apartment.
"Mh you smell so good" she said burying her face on his chest
"Thank you, I guess" he laughed "you know, I shower from time to time"
Isabelle laughed "You know what I meant"
"A weird way to say you missed me?"
"You are an idiot but yes, I missed you too"
"This idiot got you a dress for tonight"
"Tonight?"
"You forgot it? Honey, everyone will be there and I need you there too to survive"
"The presentation of something?"
"Not really, more a reunion, Toto and George will be there and, like, almost everyone else from the paddock"
She rolled her eyes "Ok I guess, hoped for an intimate night but we can do it tomorrow, I want to see the dress"
"Of course princess"

The dress Lewis bought for her was a long red dress with no sleeves, some silk details were added to the corset.
"It fits perfectly"
"I know your size by now" he said with a naughty smile
"You are a good observer"
He stepped closer to her and wrap his arms around her waist "I am with the things I love"
She smiled and kissed him "We are going to be late"
"I am always late"
"Not with me" she grabbed her bag "move that perfect ass, c'mon"

Isabelle and Lewis were enjoying the night, champagne and fancy finger food were displayed on the long glass table, she was eating a mini sandwich when she saw Toto with his family, her heart stopped when she realised she hadn't seen Jack Wolff since last summer and suddenly she heard his words in her mind "When you and Lewis will have a child, can I play with him?" "Jack will be happy"
"I am sorry" she said touching Lewis arm "I- I have to go out a minute"

Isabelle walked outside from the villa but the patio was still to busy, she walked down the stairs and took off her shoes walking in the sand to the sea, she inhaled the salty air trying to focus her thoughts.

"I saw Jack" she said when Lewis stopped in front of her, his shoes in his hand.
"Wolff?" she nodded "he loves you and you love that kid!"
"I know but it made me think that he would have been so happy with our child, he asked me if he could play with our child whenever we would have had one and I just-" she stopped feeling the need to cry growing inside of her. Lewis hugged her and gave her a little kiss on the forehead.
"I understand" he added "some things reminde us of our baby, random things and we feel sad again but it is ok, do you want to go home?"
"No, no, I know this event is important, I saw the possible sponsors, we should go back in"
"Sure?"
"We have to, I need just a second to get in the mood again" she made a shy smile

"Take my hand" she looked at him "take my hand"
Isabelle took his hand, Lewis spun her around and started to dance.
"What are you doing?" She said trying to follow the messy valzer he was trying to do, she smiled softly at his moves.
"Trying to make you smile again"
The red high heels and the black shoes were thrown in the sand as the both kept dancing "They can see us from the patio, Lewis"
"I don't care, my love" he made her spin around again, her long red dress reflected the moon rays while the elegant music was coming from the patio. Lewis tried a few different moves but ended up on the ground, Isabelle started to laugh and he grabbed her legs making her falling on him.
"Amazing dancer"
"Not the best but hey!"
She got up and helped him too "I'll get you some dance lessons for Christmas"
"Funny ha ha ha" he touched her face "do you feel better?"
"Yes" she smiled "thanks Lewis"
"I'm here for you" he smiled looking at her "but you won't thank me when you will see the conditions of your dress"
She gave him a worried gaze and looked down, the red dress was full of sand and wrinkled, she looked back at him and laughed, he was surprised of her reaction at first but then he laughed too picking up their shoes "c'mon let's go back inside"