S2.C12 - A promise (Monza)

The morning after their visit at the dutch circuit, Isabelle woke up to their pictures all over the web, the most used was a picture got from outside the circuit, they were hugged watching the rose and the pair of little shoes.
"How?" she asked sipping her coffee, scrolling down the article on the iPad on the kitchen desk.
"I really don't know, there was no one there yesterday, I checked a few times"
"We can't even have a moment like that for ourselves, hope they enjoyed our tears"
"Isabelle..."
"I am so tired, have you read this title? 'The couple is still crying' what the fuck?"
"Media, I hate them" he said looking at the picture taken in the morning of the little Dior shoes near the rose.
"How can you say we are 'still crying'? We lost a baby like a month ago"
"Maybe it is better to wait, that you don't come to Monza"
"No. I have to come, I need to get used to it again, Lewis, staying at home is driving me crazy, I need to go back work as soon as it is possible and the therapist said it is ok"
"Ok" he sat next to her with his plate of fruits, he understood that she wanted to go back but he was still worried she could breakdown.

Walking into the paddock was strange fo Isabelle, Lewis and her entered it in the late morning, she was wearing a pink dress, the skirt was long but not enough to cover her sandals, her hairs up in a pony tail, Prada sunglasses to protect her eyes. Isabelle felt Lewis arm around her waist as the crowd of journalists attacked them, his bodyguards in front of them, guiding the couple to the Mercedes motorhome.
"It is the hell outside" said Lewis
"We are their main target" Isabelle said "Hope they enjoyed our outfits at least"
"Prada never disappoints"
"My Italian girl is back!" George shouted as he exited the cafeteria and came to hug the girl.
"You are in a good mood Georgie"
"What are you doing here? Are you good?"
"Yes and yes, my therapist said it is a good idea to come here, just not to work yet but to see Lewis on track and everything"
"If you are not working, I have a good news for you, Carmen is upstairs"
"Perfect! I'll go to her" she turned to Lewis "I'll se you after FP1?"
"Right after FP1, I'll come to you" he kissed her forehead and walked away with George.

"Little star, how are you feeling?" Lewis appeared from the side door, Isabelle felt his arms around her waist as she was still on the terrace looking at the track.
"It is... strange" he laid his head on her shoulder as she answered.
"In a good way or a bad way?" his voice betraying his fail of hiding his concern.
He was still wearing the race suit, the practice session finished just a couple of minutes ago and he ran straight to her "Good?" Isabelle turned around without breaking his hug "I mean, I don't know how to say it, it still hurts and I don't feel 100% comfortable mainly because I see you in that car again but... it still feels so familiar , the smell, the sounds..."
He smiled, the lines from the balaclava still marked his face "That's a good first step"
"And you?" she didn't even try to hide her concern for him.
"Better than last time" Lewis smiled
"Back to P1"
"It is just FP1"
"I am proud of you anyway" she gave him a little kiss on his nose, he held her tight and she placed her head on his chest.
"I am proud of you too, my love"

After FP1 Isabelle walked back to the motorhome alone, she kept her head down trying to not be seen, she wanted to avoid any kind of question.
"Isabella!"
Isabelle heard the familiar voice, the Spanish accent, the Italian pronunciation of her name "Carlos" she whispered as the Spaniard abandoned his interview to run to her. He hugged the girl tight without saying anything, Isabelle felt the familiar body of her friend and wrapped her arms around his waist.
"I didn't know you were here"
"Last minute decision" she lied
"You didn't reply to my texts"
"My phone is in airplane mode since July"
"I was worried"
"I am sorry"
"You look good, are you good?"
"I am trying my best" she said "but I am good"
"I am here if you need"
"Thanks"
Carlos looked at her, after their hug her voice was plain without emotions, it was not the warm and familiar way she used to talk to him "I see you want to go to your team hospitality, and I have a thousand more interviews to do. Can we talk one day?"
"Yes, I'd love that" she answered finally smiling at him "bye Carlos"