S2.C9 - Last turn (Zandvoort pt1)

"Ice cream and flowers for my love!" sings Lewis entering our apartment in Monaco
"Lewis!" I stand up and go to him "Thank you! This is so sweet"
"Everything for you" he kisses my forehead and put the flowers near my laptop "how are you today? Work?"
"All good, not a lot of nausea anymore, I might be finished this work by 4 pm so we can go take that walk at the beach"
"I'll wait for you" he smiles "now, vanilla or chocolate first?"
"Chocolate please"

As we walk we hug each other, a few people recognise us but don't disturb our walk, this is Monaco after all, it is one of the advantage of living here for someone like Lewis Hamilton.
"We should get crepes for dinner" I say
"As you wish my love" he says looking at me "On the beach?"
"On the beach" I say keep walking "have you thought about how to tell people?"
"Yes, but I think I'll do it at the beginning of the summer break so no press conference or interviews every hours of the week. We tell the world and go on to Bali enjoying the break"
"Bali? I have never been there. I like the idea"
"Then we will do like this. We have like 2 or 3 races left, right?"
"So easy" I say sarcastically while I touch my belly "They will probably think I am getting fat"
"A few weeks and we might need bigger bigger clothes, we will shopping in Bali"
"Love this idea"
"And.." he adds playing with my hair "I saw a gorgeous dress yesterday, I'll buy it for you when we get back from Zandvoort, it has little blue flowers"
"You are spoiling me"
"I am spoiling the woman who carries my child, the love of my life, I have all the rights to do so"
"I want to spoil you too then"
"You are giving me a perfect car and strategies on track, and the only thing that makes me happier than ever is seeing you happy so, if you want to spoil me, just smile my love"
I smile at him "I love you, Lewis"
"I love you too, Isabelle"
"To the moon and back?" I ask him stepping down to the beach
"To the moon and back, little star" he answers grabbing my hand

On Friday I spend the whole day in Mercedes hospitality, revising datas and chatting with my colleagues before and after every practice session, I prefer to be away from the cameras. For dinner we have a team dinner in the motorhome and me and Lewis sit next to Toto and Susie.
"Is Lewis happy?" Susie whispers to me
"I am sorry, what are you talking about?" I ask surprised.
She smiles "Honey, I have been in your situation once and that T-shirt is suspicious"
"Oh my-" I touch my belly as a reflex "Toto knows?"
"Oh no, but he is not stupid either so I think it is better to tell him"
"Yes, yes, we are going to tell him, to tell everyone soon"
"Perfect" she smiles grabbing her glass "Congratulation Isabelle"
"Thank you"
"I'll guess Jack will be happy too"
"Yes, I think the same" I smile again thinking about Jack playing with our child
"Jack will be happy about what?" intervenes Toto, I jump on the chair but Susie is calm
"That Isabelle and Lewis will come to dinner next week"
"Yes" I add
"Always welcome" he says and goes back to another conversation

"Isabelle!" I turn around to see George walking to me
"Hi Georgie, what's up?"
"I need an advice for work"
I smile "ok, tell me"
He starts talking about a little balance he is missing in corner 4 and 8 and if I can fix it "Lovely T-shirt by the way, are you starting to dress like Lewis?"
"ha ha ha, I like bigger t-shirt, they are more comfortable and as I almost live here I need to wear comfy clothes"
"They make you look even smaller"
"You are the too tall here"
"You are used to shorter guys I get it"
I punch his shoulder "Ehi! Lewis is not that short"
George laughs "he is not but he is not even tall so"

On Saturday everything is perfect, the third practice session we focus on race pace and before the quali the cars are ready so we manage to have a small break before the storm.
"I don't feel good here, I have this strange feeling, all weekend" I say cuddling up in Lewis arms
"why?"
"Firstly I do not like the circuit and secondly I feel like we are all a huge silver target for the orange army, especially because their car might look good but not like ours"
"Next week the atmosphere will be in our favour, we will be home next week, this is their home it is normal" Lewis gets closer and whispers "I don't like the circuit either but I am good no?"
"Is there a place where you are not good?" I say kissing him
"You are flattering me but yes I am very good"
"I take a guess" I say sitting on his lap "you must be one of the greatest of this sport"
"How did you know that?" he wraps my arms around my waist and pulls me closer "I might be but with you, I and this team are ever better"
"Too flattering, Sir"
"I learnt from the best" he says kissing me passionately
"Take that pole" I look into his deep brown eyes
"For you" he smiles and we walk to the garage

I don't usually go to the grid before the race, I like to stay in the garage away from the busy street, but today I want Lewis to know that even if the fans on the benches are less than usual we are supporting him.
"Lewis" I say walking to the first spot on the grid, it is full of journalists and VIP for the pole man.
"Isabelle" he says smiling
"I am here to say good luck"
He smiles even more and hugs me "Would you help me with this?"
I take the balaclava from his hand while he fixes his hair "How do you feel?"
"Hungry as always, my love"
I fix his balaclava and smile "I will wait for you under the podium as always then"
"Meet you there" he touches my face before putting his helmet on and getting into the car.
I walk back to the garage and give a little pat on George's shoulder, who turns around and smiles at me, he is P4 on the grid.

-I need to win this one-
-We know Max-
-Then do something to this fucking car-
-The car is at his best Max, just drive-
-If you think this is the best, we have a problem-
Bono smiles at me and says "I think our car is better than theirs"
"They got the wrong set up probably, I see they lose so much in this corner that it must be a set up problem"
"I thought the same thing"
I smile at him and go back to my datas.

When the last lap starts it is clear that Lewis is going to win the race, I take off my headphones and stare at the screen, when Lewis enters the last corner it all happens too quickly. The RedBull hits the Mercedes at high speed, the car 44 hits the wall and bounces back crashing into the other wall, as it crashes I start to see fire and that's it, that's the moment the world goes silent and the only thing in the garage are my screams.