Midnight Comfort (HP)

Helia Lilian Potter

Helia Lilian Potter

Helia Potter, the younger twin sister of Harry Potter. The twins-who-lived. The Ravenclaw Potter. The Smarter, the painter, and the better-looking Potter. Daughter of Lily and James Potter.

Draco Malfoy, the Heir of the House of Malfoy. The Slytherin Prince. Son of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. Harry Potter's arch enemy, and Helia's Midnight Comfort Buddy.

One Night during 6th year at Hogwarts. Draco Malfoy finds himself getting anxious and worried by the task given by the Dark Lord, and finds himself in the comfort of Helia Potter.

 Draco Malfoy finds himself getting anxious and worried by the task given by the Dark Lord, and finds himself in the comfort of Helia Potter

Helia's POV

I hum my favorite muggle lullaby song while painting a picture of the Moon. While listening to the comfortable silence around me as I sat here at the Astronomy Tower.

A few minutes later, I hear panting from behind me with rushed footsetps.

I sigh softly, and place my paintbrush down, then looked behind me and said, "Come sit down Dragon,"

I then look back at my painting, admiring it silently. As I hear him stop and sat beside me, now with steady breaths.

I spoke again with interest dripping from my voice, "You're late for the third time now..." I then look back up at him and my head tilted, "What's wrong?" I asked after seeing him full with sweat, and his face filled with worry.

He placed his arms behind his back, with his white sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He then closed his eyes as he took deep breaths.

He then shook his head, his eyes still closed and says, "It's nothing Soleil,".

I observe him for a few moments before I take a quick decision of leaving it for now. And decided to talk about something different to get his mind to rest.

I look at my painting and decided it looked good enough and showed it to him, "Hey do you think this is good? I know its not really colorful and detailed.. I'm almost out of paint, so I went with painting the moon but I'm not sure if I should color it-"

I got cut off as I heard light chuckling from him. I look back at him to see him looking at me with an emotion I'm not familiar with.

I look at him confused and asks, "Is it alright? Should I-"

He interrupted me by saying "No, no, don't, it's beautiful. That's bloody good. If I painted the moon, it would be white circle with small circles inside."

I blush lightly at the compliment. Its not the first time he compliments me, but I'm not really used to people complimenting me, excluding my brother, and my friends, about my talent.. It would always be the looks. I mutter a small thanks shyly.

A few minutes later, he spoke again softly while placing himself much closer to me, by placing his head on my lap, and lying down.. While my painting on one his hands, and one of my hands tangled with his. "Sing to me,".

I blink in surprise and asks, "What song?"

He answered, "The one you hummed when I was on my way here," while closing his eyes.

I smile warmly, playing with his fingers, then began singing..

"Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly

Lavender's green

When I am king, dilly, dilly

You shall be queen...."

"

Credits:
• Lavender's Blue Dilly Dilly - https://youtu.be/Ow25lvYoKXo

• Character Collage Pictures from Pinterest.