3- People Are Weird

(TW: cussing, mention of bloods scent)

This morning instead of waking up to my alarm, Tubbo, or Ranboo I woke up to an incoming call.

I looked over and was to tired to check who it was so I just answered and held the phone to my ear.

I winced when the phone was loud in my ear and turned down the call volume.

"Hey sorry what was that?" I asked.

"Hey Tom's it's Puffy sorry if I woke you up." Puffy said from the other end.

I sighed and sat up walking across the room to my closet even though it was to early to go to work I might as well get ready.

"I won't lie you did wake me up but it's fine what did you need." I answered.

Puffys chuckle sounded from the phone as she began to speak.

"Sorry bout that Tom's I was just calling to ask you if you could do Foolish's shift as well as yours today? I'll pay you for the extra hours and I'll ask Purpled if he can help too." Puffy explained.

I thought for a moment then answered as I made my decision.

"Yea I'll take the extra hours whys Foolish out today though?"

"Oh he's out with some old friends he hasn't seen in a few years so I told he could take the day off and hang out with them." Puffy informed me.

I nodded as I changed my shirt then remembered Puffy couldn't see me.

"Yea ok and you don't have to ask Purpled I can handle the lunch rush for a day." I agreed.

I slumped down onto my bed noticing there was still an hour before my shift.

"When does his shift end so I can let Tub's and Ranboob know." I asked.

I heard Puffy bark a laugh from the other end of the line before she spoke again.

"I swear You, Tubbo, and Ranboo are more like friends then a kid and their parents. He gets off around 6." Puffy answered.

I paused.

I always forget Puffy dosen't know that Tubbo and Ranboo were in the same home as me. She knows I'm adopted but she didn't know that we were friends before.

There wasn't any reason not to tell Puffy but I was to tired to explain right now and if I was gonna take Foolish's shift too I'm gonna need more sleep.

With that I said bye to Puffy and hung up the call, layed down, and fell back asleep.

When I woke up again it was to Ranboo shaking me.

"Tommy you slept through your alarm again you need to go your gonna be late." Ranboo said.

I sat up and grabbed my backpack running past Ranboo. I skidded to a stop by the door.

"Oh right Ranboob!" I yelled.

"What." He sighed.

"I'm taking Foolish's shift today so I won't be back till 6!" I yelled as I opened the door.

"K!" He yelled back as the door closed behind me.

I ran down the street cursing myself when I realized I forgot my hoodie and hoped that running would raise my body temp.

I was at Puffy and Bad's café after just a few minutes. I opened the door and like always Purpled was already there.

"Hey Gremlin child!" He greeted as I entered.

I flapped my wings in annoyance as I slowed down my pace and noticed that I should preen them soon.

"Shut up I am not a Gremlin child!" I snarled as I dropped my light brown and orange apron over my head.

(This is the basic work outfit btw)

"Sure you aren't." Purpled dead paned.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked over to the door flipping the sign to open. There was a guy with brown hair and blue eyes outside the café who looked very tierd and after a moment decided to come in.

"Hey." He mumbled.

"Ello your gonna have to wait a little longer for your order since we just opened but I can take it now." I said.

He nodded and walked over to the counter.

He ordered a Latte and I wrote it down after he payed I asked him his name since it might get busy later so I should ask just to be safe.

"George." He told me tierdly and went to sit at a table next to the window.

Huh.. George.. what a boring name why does he smell like blood?

I found myself spacing out my mind spiraling at the thought of blood which confused me. Eventually I snapped out of it.

I scribbled his name on the cup and tossed it halfway across the room at Purpled who was on his phone.

"Ow! The fuck?!" He yelled.

"Get off your phone we have customers bitch!" I yelled back.

He rolled his eyes and started on the drink. The door chimed again and this time a group of people all dudes walked in.

One of the guys looked to be in his 30's and had dirty blond hair and light blue eyes. When I saw him my Avian instincts started getting annoying which didn't make sense since he didn't have any wings.

The same thing happened with the tall brown haired, and brown eyed dude. It was very confusing but I tried to ignore it. At least it didn't happen with the other two guys but the tall red eyed, pink haired one stunk of blood.

It made me gag slightly but the group of people didn't seem to notice. At least nothing happened with the orange haired kid who looked like he was mabye a few years older then me.

I took their orders and the whole time the one who my Avian instincts were reacting to the most was looking at me curiously which didn't help.

I took their names so I would know whos drink was whos and wrote them down on the cups for their drinks.

Thats when I noticed George staring daggers at the one named Willbur. I threw the cups at Purpled again. And again. I got cussed out by him.

(1023 words! ^>^)

Also I hate myself rn I write way to quick when I have motivation I'm in the middle of chap. 7 rn the others are done TnT.

 7 rn the others are done TnT