20- Worrying

<Tommy's POV>
<TW's: cussing, scars mention, injury mention, bird instincts being a bitch>

After Ranboo disappeared with Captain, I walked back to my room and changed into normal clothes. It was already almost 12, and all I wanted to do was sleep.

But as I flopped down on my bed, I found myself unable to sleep. I just couldn't stop thinking. I thought about how much my life has changed in the past few months.

Thinking about Captain and the amount of unwanted similarities between her and Puffy,

Thinking about the Villians and their reasons for being,

Thinking about the heroes and why they hadn't arrested him yet,

Why they were so nice,

Why my stupid fucking instincts trusted Crow so much despite the fucker being a hero...

Crow..

Tubbo and Ranboo..

Captain and Puffy....

There was too much going through my head. I couldn't concentrate and I hated it! My thoughts became jumbled and incoherent as I got lost in them.

I was snapped out of my rapid flowing thoughts by a knock. Someone cracked the door open and I recognized them immediately because of how tall the stupid fuck was. Plus, his tail curled around his ankles and in view of the doorway.

"Hey, Tom's just wanted to check up on you. It ok if I come in?" Ranboo asked.

I mumbled an "mhm" to let him know I didn't care, and he seemed to get the message since he walked in. He plopped himself on the bed next to me and started to run his clawed fingers through my hair.

"This is why you're the favorite parent." I mumbled as I leaned into the comforting touch.

Ranboo scoffed as he chuckled.

"I HEARD THAT!" Tubbo half screamed as he walked in the door.

"Mmph... don't worry, Big T, you're in my top two." I joked as I pulled the covers over myself.

"I'm fine, though. You guys are the ones with nasty scars so fuck off and let me sleep." I complained as I curled my around myself under the blanket.

Tubbo gave an offended scoff, while Ranboo just laughed softly. Eventually, they both left. Tommy himself drifted into an uneasy sleep at some point. Someone else, however, was left awake, worrying.

<Phil's POV>

I paced around my office as my thoughts rampaged through my head like wildfire. It was 12:30 and I wasn't able to sleep at all. Wil and Techno were sitting on the couch in my office.

I could tell by the way Wil's leg was bouncing that he was worried as well. Techno was the obviously the most calm out of us three. The reason we were panicking is because we had just seen our baby bird get struck by lighting.

Sure, we could tell by the blue sheep ears he had Leo's Quirk in his system, but Leo's Quirk could be extremely exhausting to the body. And knowing Thunder, he didn't hold back when hitting them.

He was out for blood. It pissed me off. I was about a feather away from running over there and strangling Thunder myself, but I couldn't for three reasons.

One, it would been seen as attempted (and wishfully successful) murder, two he would be seen helping a Vigilante, and three he was gone before I could.

His partner Nihachu arrived and helped him get away. Any heros who got close were lulled to sleep by her Siren song and swallowed by the earth.

None of us knew if Tommy was okay, and I was debating just going to his house with some shity excuse just to check on him. Techno had managed to keep me calm, though.

My instincts were still screaming at me, however.

BABY BIRD!

FLEDGLING HURT!!!

KEEP FLEDGLING IN NEST!

BABY BRIDS FLOCK HURT!!!!

HELP THE BABY BIRD!!

FLOCK!!

NEST!!!

FIND FLEDGLING!

I clenched my head as the pain in it spiked. Techno silently handed me a glass of water and a few tablets of migrane medicine. I took them gratefully and swallowed them all at once.

I slumped down in my office chair as I waited for the medication to kick in.

"I'm sure he's fine. He had Friend's quirk activated his body would have healed itself." Techno reassured the two panicked people in front of him.

I sighed as I got up and pulled out some pillows and blankets from a chair beside my desk.

"I'm sure you're right, Tech, but Wil's not gonna leave until Tommy shows up tomorrow, so I'll stay here with him tonight. You can go home if you want." I explained as I handed Wilbur a pillow and blanket.

"Nah, I'll stay. As annoying as that kid is, I'm not leaving two people who are about to have panic attacks alone together." Techno answered with a sigh as he opened the door.

"I'm sleeping on the couch. Call me if you need me." He finished as the door closed behind him.

I sighed for what was probably the billionth time that night as I lay down on my armchair. The last thing I heard before falling asleep was a worried thrill from Wilbur.

<Tommy's POV>

When I woke up to my alarm the next morning, I was not happy, to say the least. Everything ached, and I had no clue why. Friend's quirk should have healed everything! That's when it hit me.

I unplugged my phone from beside me and did a quick search on Friend. Sure enough, when I got to his Quirk drawbacks, one of them was that the Quirk gave the user extreme fatigue when overused.

I groaned as I rolled off my bed and onto the floor. After lying face first on my rug for about five minutes, I stood. I walked over to my drawers and grabbed up some sweatpants and a random red and white tee-shirt.

Once I packed my backpack with every little thing I could possibly need, I checked the time. Quickly realizing I was about to be late, I yelled a quick goodbye into the house and booked it out my window.

(IM SO SO SORRY FOR INCONSISTENT UPDATES!!! It's summer break now, so hopefully, I will be able to update more, but I can't even promise that because I have an honors English summer reading assignment, I have to do TnT)