18- Aftermath

<Tommy's POV>
<TW: cussing, injury description, burns>

The lightning must have been aimed at him directly and just hit us since we were grouped together to teleport.

I signaled for Captain to bring Tubbo over. She nodded and got him to stand. After that, she guided him over to a chair with her good arm. Once he had sat down, she walked to the other one and sat as well.

I didn't know exactly how Friend's Quirk worked, but I didn't really have a choice here. I reached over to Ranboo's chest and tried not to worry when he didn't react.

As I began to heal the lightning wound, I saw Captain grab the remote and switch the T.V. to the news. Obviously, it was showing the fight, which was still going.

I suddenly felt really tired but ignored it as I looked back to Ranboo and saw that the burns had disappeared and been replaced by a large scar that most definitely looked like it had come from a lightning strike and couldn't be confused for anything else.

I left Ranboo and walked to Tubbo. His eyes were screwed shut, and his chest was rising and falling in a way that clearly showed his pain. I tapped his hand to let him know I was there.

He jumped but calmed once he saw it was me. I reached up to heal his face, but he hissed in pain and flinched back.

"I know, Tubbo, it probably hurts like hell, but I need you to let me heal it, or it'll just get worse." I told him.

Tubbo still seemed uneasy but let down his defensive stance. Relaxing in the chair. Without further warning, I reached up and touched the right side of his face.

"FUCKING BITCH!" Tubbo yelled at the top of his lungs.

It didn't faze me however, nor did it make me let go. I stayed put and only let go once I saw that the burns had been reduced to scars underneath my hand.

I removed my hand and looked at his face, hissing at the sight that greeted me.

"Oh, that ain't pretty." I winced.

Tubbo waved his hand in a way that clearly meant fuck off. I heard footsteps behind me and looked to see Captain standing there.

"Hey, um- Captain." I mumbled, not sure what to say.

"Hey T- Mimic, I was wondering if you could heal this for me?" She asked, gesturing to her arm.

"Oh shit! Yea, sorry!" I yelped instantly standing and walking towards her.

She nodded her thanks, and I reached for her arm. Unlike Tubbo, she didn't flinch away. Though she did let out a sharp hiss as I gently touched the skin. She did relax once I took my hand away, though.

"So what are you gonna tell people who ask about the scar." I asked.

I hadn't bothered asking Tubbo because I knew he would either say he didn't know or to fuck off.

"I'm not sure I think I'll just say I got it while camping in a storm, I would normally just tell people I got caught up in the battle and happened to get hit but they're counting the amount of people injured." Captain explained.

I nodded.

"Yea, probably for the best." I added.

There was then a moment of awkward silence as I walked to the couch and lifted Ranboo's legs on top of mine so I could sit. That was until Captain turned up the T.V. so we could actually hear the replay of the news report.

(Basically, it aired after the live news report, and it's talking about it)

"To the citizens of L'manburg, hope you're having a good afternoon. We bring you this broadcast today so we can talk about the battle that happened at (insert company name)'s main headquarters." The first reporter opened up with.

The first reporter nodded to the second.

"The attack started fairly small and didn't seem to be a large threat, but a few minutes after a group of minor villians had broken into the building Nightmare, Conocybe, and Flame followed. It was at this time that the hero tower was contacted. Before any heroes could arrive, the Vigilante Captain showed herself and attempted to evacuate the building with minimal fighting." The second explained.

"Her attempts didn't last long, however, and she was approached by the villian Conocybe who attacked her on the spot. When Captain spotted Conocybe, she pressed what seemed to have been a panic button on her belt, as a few minutes later, Void appeared next to her and teleported her away before Conocybe could grow his mushrooms around her." The first reporter jumped in.

"Within seconds, villians started to pour into the building among them were the Dream Team, Dap Duo, Rocket Duo, Monarch, Mender, and a fairly new Duo, the Mercenary Duo which is the well known Villian Punz and a new villian who has rarely been seen but seems to go by the name Alien." The second reporter added on.

"Damm, so all the big bads were there. Also, do you know who the Alien dude is?" Tommy butted in.

"Not sure. I've heard some things about Punz training a new villain, but I haven't had any run in's with him." Captain answered.

We both looked back to the screen.

"The heroes got there roughly 12 minutes after the attack began and went head to head with the villians. Some of the top ten heroes fought the villains while some local heroes finished the evacuation." The first reporter said.

"Adding to my earlier comment of the Vigilante Captain, once Void teleported her away, they appeared outside the building but were quickly surrounded by heroes. Before any action could be taken, flames exploded throughout the building. Void grabbed Captain and teleported her into the building. We know from the heroes in the building that Captain appeared on the floor where Flame was at." The second continued their comment from the beginning.

(1006 words 🙃)

(New chapters will hopefully be on schedule again, which is every Monday or Sunday! But here's a double update to make up for my absence!).