24- Witness

<3rd person Foolish POV> (idk)
<Cussing, panic>

Foolish slumped onto the floor as he and Tommy finished their shift and closed up the cafe. He'd noticed that Tommy had been acting weird ever since he had to deliver one of the orders. He hoped that it was just Tommy being Tommy, but the kid must be stressed out of his mind when he's constantly working.

To be fair, working at the cafe in general was difficult and stressful. Going from working at the hero tower, where he had to constantly be on guard because he had to hide the fact that he was a vigilante to working at the cafe must be maddening.

Oh yea, Tommy was a vigilante. Puffy had actually told Foolish about it not long ago. Foolish almost hadn't believed it at first, but then he remembered that Tommy was Tommy, and if he felt like he wanted to do something, than he was gonna fucking do it. Plan be damned.

Speaking of Tommy being a vigilante, if Foolish had to guess from watching Tommy's active hours as the vigilante Mimic, he'd say that Tommy didn't give himself any time to rest after getting home from the cafe. Needless to say, Foolish was worried for the kid. He didn't want Tommy to overwork himself.

Tommy sighed from across the kitchen as he pulled himself upwards, grabbing his bag. Foolish looked over at him as he lifted the counter barrier and walked out, dropping his apron on the hook as he left.

"Night Foolish." Tommy grumbled as he walked out of the cafe.

Foolish saw Tommy freeze as soon as he walked out the door. Foolish instantly started acting busy, cleaning the floors and counters while carefully watching as Tommy hesitantly stepped forward, stumbled on something, and frowned. And then he was gone. It was as if he'd faded out of existence. A strangled noise came from outside near where Tommy had disappeared.

Foolish wasn't dumb. You didn't grow up with a vigilante as a mother and not know all about the villains and heroes powers. Tommy just fading away, as if he never existed just screamed Conocybe. His hallucination control was good, but not perfect. He could only control exactly what his mushrooms did to a certain extent.

Foolish knew that if Conocybe was here, that meant the rest of the Dream team was as well. They'd be watching to make sure he didn't notice the flaws in Conocybe's hallucination. So that meant he had to act like he was none the wiser about what was going on. He could hear muffled voices from outside as he continued to clean with a neutral, bored looking face.

He held back an angry scowl when he heard a faint cry of pain. Foolish knew that he wouldn't be able to help Tommy in the slightest if he was dead. And if he wanted to stay alive, he needed to play dumb. He needed to get out of here fast though. He quickly tossed the rag and mop away and grabbed his stuff.

Stepping out of the cafe he locked the doors. His hybrid abilities didn't work nearly as well out of the water, but he could faintly feel the vibrations of both annoyed, pained, and calm patterns of breathing. He walked just the right speed to his car, where he got in and started driving. As soon as he turned a few corners he pulled out his phone.

He had three choices to call. The first contact he scrolled across was his mom, Puffy, so he called her. It only rang twice before she picked up.

"Foolish? What's up?" Puffy asked.

Foolish sighed in relief at her voice.

"Hey mom. I need you to listen to me carefully," Foolish began, and he could almost hear Puffy get serious on the other end of the call. "Tommy's in trouble. It's villains, the Dream team if I'm being exact, it was right after we closed the cafe. They aren't aware that I know. I'm in the car driving home as we speak." Foolish explained briefly.

There was a moment of silence over the phone.

"Shit." Puffy mumbled.

Foolish grimaced and knew that Puffy was most likely doing so as well.

"Okay.... Okay. It'll be alright duckling, just get home quickly and wait there. I'll be home soon." Puffy said.

Foolish nodded before remembering Puffy couldn't see him.

"Yea, okay." He responded before hanging up.

Foolish made the turn into the apartments he and Puffy lived in. Puffy was in a meeting with Bad at the moment, trying to settle stuff with the cafe, meaning that she wasn't home at the moment. Foolish parked the car and scrolled through his contacts while walking up the stairs.

Tubbo. He really didn't want to make this call, but Tubbo and Ranboo needed to know what was happening, and since Bad didn't know about anything, Puffy couldn't call them. Foolish sighed and unlocked the door as the phone rang. A voice came from the other end right as Foolish stepped inside and locked the door once more.

"Hey Foolish, it's Ranboo, Tubbo's in the bathroom, what do you need?" Ranboo asked.

Foolish scrubbed the tiredness out of his eyes as he collapsed onto the couch and started speaking.

"Hey Ran, it's about Tommy. I need you to get to my apartment right now, he's in trouble. It's the villains." Foolish sighed as he dropped his head in his hands.

Foolish heard Ranboo's stifled gasp from the phone.

"What do you mean he's in trouble?! Foolish I need more details! Please just tell me what happened! Where's Tommy-?" Ranboo panicked over the phone.

"Ran- Ranboo! I need you to calm down! Just get over to my apartment as soon as possible. Puffy's on her way as well, I'll explain everything when you get here and we can figure out a plan from there okay?" Foolish interrupted Ranboo and explained.

Ranboo took a deep breath before answering.

"Yea, yea. Sorry. Okay, I'll tell Tubbo and we'll be right there." Ranboo answered.

Ranboo hung up and Foolish walked over and started making some coffee. He had a strong feeling they were all going to need some.

(1000 words! First time with a perfect thousand I'm pretty sure lmao)