In Relation To Wilbur

⚠️TW for talk of abuse⚠️

So, I have only just recently learned what's been going on between Wilbur and Shelby. I'm not well informed on the subject, but I have gotten most of it. As far as I'm aware, Shelby made a video where she spoke about an old abusive relationship.

At the time, the EX was unnamed but was presumed by many to be Wilbur. She spoke about how this EX used to bite her, and while it was consensual at first, they made a safe word because it happened a lot. Eventually, this EX, according to what I read, began to use the safe word against her, bitting harder when she used it.

There was a back and forth on whether this EX was Wilbur or not. That was until Wilbur himself responded to the video, admitting that he indeed had become "Slobbish, disrespectful, and selfish." Quoted from his tweet.

He did write about how he sought therapy to address his actions, which I believe was a great thing to do. But what he did after did not change what he did, even if he's working to change himself, he's broken the trust of millions of people.

I personally have been a fan of his music, channel, character in the DSMP, place in the SBI, etc. For a long time. I didn't take the news as hard as most, I'm sure, as I do have a hard time developing emotional attachments to a lot of people and things, but the topic has made me feel uncomfortable.

I've mainly written this all out to address what will become of this story and any future books I write that involve Wilbur.

I will start off with this. I will not be deleting this book, writing Wilbur out of it, OR changing the old chapters, as, while he wasn't the main focus of the book, he was an important character, since I really wanted this story to involve a lot of SBI content.

The SBI is not focused on Wilbur alone. It is about the idea of found family between Philza, Tommy, Techno, AND Wilbur. SBI content, in general, was and still is a great way of keeping Technoblades memory alive.

I will continue to make story's with Wilbur in them, but not the content creator Wilbur, his character. I believe that while Wilbur, the content creator, may have turned out to be a bad person, his character represents things much different than that, and his character is the source for many people's favorite memories.

I have a L'manburg flag up in my room, for example, and like others have said they will, I will not be destroying it. The Dream SMP is a source of many good memories for me, as well as being one of my hyper fixations. I think that we should try to keep the memory of Wilbur's character alive instead of only focusing on the bad things the creator has done.

A great example of this concept is Harry Potter. I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd. I own all the books and have read them over several times, I own multiple copies, I have Harry Potter themed items, I have seen all the movies well over 30 times, etc.

The same is true for many others, and just because the author of the books, J.K. Rowling turned out to be a shitty person. Most people continued to enjoy the series.

I hope I've made my point.

I will add a warning in the descriptions of my books that warn that the story involves Wilbur, as I know that even reading about his character might make people uncomfortable now, many other people may agree with me on my point, or others may just not care at all and continue to enjoy books that involve Wilbur without a second thought, and I don't think we should take that enjoyment away from them. (And myself)

I hope I explained my point of view on things well and hope that you all have a great rest of your day as well! <3