21- Act Natural

<Tommy's POV>
<TW: Cussing, (as always, it's Tommy guys) mentions of blood, needles, drawing/ extracting blood, Wilbur being a whiney bitch->

As always, I landed outside the building barely on time for my shift. At this point, the people at the front desk were used to me rushing in.

"Ello Pearl!" I yelled as I ran by.

"Hello, Tommy." The light brown haired women behind the desk sighed.

(Lmao, we ignore me, I'm TOTALLY not about to start adding hermits as background characters...)

I ran by and had Doc scan my keycard before I went in the elevator.

(Totallyyyyyyy)

I even highfived Grian before leaving.

(Okay, I'll stop. I swear -)

When I stepped out of the elevator, I was instantly hit with the familiar scent of pumpkin pie. I ran over to the kitchen, and sure enough, Ren was there with a freshly baked pie.

(Okay, I'm sorry, I had to do one last one)

I walked over to my office but was stopped before I could go in.

"Tommy!" Siren's voice called out, sounding... Relived..?

Siren ran over and stopped just in front of me. I heard a grunt from across the room and saw Blade had fallen off of the couch. Crow walked out from his office behind Siren. He also looked oddly relieved.

"Oh thank fucking XD you're ok!" Siren said, nearly dropping to the floor.

I looked around wildly in confusion. Blade saw how confused I was and hopped in to explain.

"Crow and Siren thought they saw you near the battle yesterday and they were worried that you might've gotten caught in the crossfire." Blade huffed.

He sounded annoyed, but there was also an edge to his tone, as if he were lying.

"Even though I told them you'd be fine." He added with a side eye at Crow.

It didn't sound like he was lying there though... odd.

"Anyway!" Crow cut in before Blade could embarrass him and his other son even more. "Tommy, there's some paperwork in your office that needs to be filled out if you could do that please." He asked.

I nodded and he gave me one back as a sign of appreciation. I gave them a little wave before walking to my office. Once I was there, the panic hit.

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, SHIT!

I paced around my chair as I realized I couldn't tell if they were lying or not. Well, not necessarily lying, but twisting the truth. They might have been trying to hint to me that they saw me there as Mimic but "didn't know" if it was really me or not. Okay. I need to calm down. I'm overthinking things again. I sat down in my chair and the second I was relaxed the phone rang.

"This is the SBI's assistant speaking, what do you need?" I questioned.

And just like that my day began. I was working for a few hours and realized I was hungry. I looked down at my phone and decided I had enough time to make myself food before my shift here ended. I got up and walked to the, way too big kitchen, to make myself a sandwich.

I walked out and saw Siren sitting at a bar stool sipping on a coke can with sandwich in front of him. I gave a short wave as I walked to the fridge pulling out a coke for myself as well.

As I got to work on slicing an apple for myself and globbing peanut butter on the plate, I heard the elevator beep. I looked over and saw Friend stumbling over with a heavy looking bag in his hands.

"Hey Siren! Mind if I work on some stuff here? The medical floors completely packed right now." Friend sighed.

"Yea sure Leo, just don't get chemicals or blood everywhere." Siren joked.

Friend rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"Hey Tom's!" He greeted.

I waved to him like I did Siren, as my mouth was full of apple slices. Friend plopped down next to me and unpacked the bag he was carrying. He pulled multiple little vials out.

I wasn't surprised to see blood in some of them considering that I had smelt it before he even opened the bag. Plus Friend always had the faint scent of blood attached to him. He was a healer to be fair.

"Oh! Siren, mind if I take a blood sample?" Friend asked, turning to the hero in question.

Siren turned to face Friend and pulled up his sleeve holding out his arm without question.

"Thanks!" Friend said, pulling out a small needle.

"No problem, what do you need it for though?" Siren asked.

Friend looked up at the hero as he emptied the blood filled needle into an empty vile.

"Hm? Oh the Hero Committee asked us to do the monthly check ups early this month." Friend replied easily.

I nearly spit out my apple in laughter when Siren groaned and headbutted the marble countertop. Friend did burst out in laughter, not even bothering to hide it.

"Oh come on! Their not that bad!" Friend protested the unspoken complaint.

I blocked out the conversation and focused on the other little viles Friend had with him. One was unlabled, obviously the one he had just filled. The others were all labeled with names, a few I recognized, them being high ranking heros.

He won't think much of a little blood sample going missing will he?

Without anymore thought than that, I sneakily grabbed a few of the blood samples of heros he knew the quirks of, having to grab an unknown one as well to keep it from falling and shattering on the floor.

I stuffed the viles into my cargo pants pockets and buttoned them closed so they wouldn't fall out and stuffed the last of my apple slices into my mouth before checking the time on my phone.

Siren, who beforehand had been complaining to Friend about having to do the check up at all, glanced up at me as I stood. I answered his silent question before booking it out a window.

"Shift at the Café."

<1018 words ^D^ sorry I've been grounded so I can't write as much. I hope this chapter was a decent filler while you wait for the next good one TwT - also this is me going back and editing. I didn't want to post this at first because I wanted to catch up on chapters, but I don't want to make you guys wait any longer. YwY->