13- The First Day

(TW: cussing)
(Also this chapter will be VERY long)

I ended up taking to Phil, Wilbur, and Techno about it and they gave me a schedule. I thought I was pretty lucky since they way the schedule was planned out I would work at the hero tower during the day time, Puffy and Bad had also agreed to switch my hours so I would be helping Foolish with the afternoon hours instead of Purpled in the mornings.

The full upside to it was that since working afternoon hours meant I git off when the Café closed (which was around 6:00 pm) I would still have time to go out and do Vigilante work.

I knew that this would probably fuck up my sleep schedule even more since I would probably end up patrolling for a few hours. That meant I would only get a couple hours of sleep and I needed to be fully awake and attentive the whole day.

I sighed as the rain droplets hit my wings while I flapped them towards the hero tower on the first day of my new job. The whole scene at the Café was about a week ago and by now Ranboo had said I was clear to fly.

It still hurt a bit, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I normally still would have walked most of the way but since the hero tower was in a different part of the city and me, Tubbo, and Ranboo couldn't afford a car, the fastest way ended up being to fly.

I was glad though as I looked down and saw the jam-packed streets. Glancing around the dull colored sky I could see a few Hybrids flying as well. Sometype of bug Hybrid about 50 feet to my left, a duck Hybrid over a few streets away. (ect.)

I continued to fly towards the large building infront of me. It was one of the tallest buildings here so it was impossible to miss. I landed outside one of the many sliding doors that led into the building.

Oh God there's so many ways this could go horribly wrong...

Tommy took a deep breath before walking inside the building. He jumped when someone greeted him.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! You're Tommy right?" They asked.

I looked closer at the person who somehow knew me.

Sheep ears, blue hair, sheep tail, no horns so they're definitely not a goat Hybrid must be a sheep hybrid. Avian as well unless their a double hybrid but my instincts react to him so probably an avian.. Blue hair... Wonder if it's dyed or natural.

"U-um hello? You are Tommy right?" The person asked.

I nodded and the person sighed in relief.

"I'm Leo but you can call me by my hero name, Friend!" He said happily.

Friend! How could I not recognize him! He's one of the only non-money/fame obsessed heros out there!

"Friend?!" I yelped in surprise.

(Yoooooooo! I've finally added Friend! Ghostbur's famous blue sheep has arrived!)

The blue sheep hybrid hero let out a happy chuckle.

"Yup that's me! Now the SBI sent me here to take you to Blade's office so they can finalize everything for you to work here." Friend said happily while starting to walk away.

I hurried after him as he approached an elevator. He clicked a button labeled SBI and the elevator started to move.

The elevator eventually skidded to a stop and the doors opened. I followed Friend onto a very well decorated floor of the building. It surprised me how wide open it was. It seemed like there was only one room on the entire floor.

The only thing interrupting the openness was pillars placed here and there that were obviously the things holding up the roof. Paying closer attention I could also see there were in fact a few rooms.

Five to be exact one to the right of the elevator and one to the left. And then three placed side by side on the other side of the building. The rest of the floor was taken up by a wide open kitchen, a training area, and something that looked like a livingroom since it had a huge couch in the shape of a C that looked like it could seat at least 30 people comfortably with room for more to fit.

That part of the room was also drowning in pillows and blankets and there was a huge T.V. mounted to the wall with what looked like every type of gaming console I could think of stacked under it.

I also noted that there was a small library over by the kitchen. I saw that it was mostly filled with books on Greek Mythology.

"Friend! Over here!" I heard a painfully familiar voice yell.

Looking over to what I assumed was the SBI's offices I saw Siren standing there waving at us. Friend waved back and started towards him.

I internally groaned as I started after him. Glancing at my wing I was glad that I had remembered to take off the bandage but there was still a few feathers missing here and there and a bit of bald spot where the scar was.

It was small enough that I could hope Blade or the rest of the SBI wouldn't notice, but still. Siren cheerily waved at me.

He seems to happy... almost like it's forced... Ranboo and Tubbo are right I need to be on gaurd. I need to be ready if they try to arrest me.

Plenty of windows... probably for Crow.. the question is if their locked or not.

The small dagger I had brought (which Tubbo said wasn't metal so the Hero Towers scanners wouldn't pick it up) shifted in the handmade pouch on the inside of my sleeve.

If I can throw it right I can probably shatter the window even if it's bullet proof. Which it very likely is... oh shit- I need to pay attention!

Me, Friend, and Siren all entered into the office to see Blade and Crow behind a desk. I gulped as Blade look up to stare at me. Siren went and joined them behind the desk.

Crow cleared his throat a bit. probably to clear the silence as he nudged Blade who was still staring at me.

Blade sighed and then began to speak in his deep and monotone voice.

"So your Tommy right?" He asked.

I nodded uncomfortably, my wings pulling themselves up straighter just so they could fold and be hidden behind me.

I have to try not to do that. Crow, Siren, and Friend are Avians to, they know wing behavior and what I'm doing now is a clear sign of nervousness.

I tried my best to make my wings relax but to no avail.

"And your 16 as well as Graduated Highschool already correct?" Blade asked.

Again I just nodded. I think Friend was the first to notice me being uncomfortable because he put a comforting hand on my shoulder and I suddenly relaxed.

I nodded my appreciation to him as I looked back at Blade now with more confidence.

"Ok. And your quirk is called Tracker right?" Blade asked.

"Yes that's right." I replied.

"Ok so basically what you're job here will be to help us with paperwork and occasionally because of your quirk, help us track down a villian if possible." Blade explained.

I just nodded to show I agreed. I saw the way Crow and Siren smiled but I also noticed that Blade seemed slightly agitated.

"Ok Friend can you ahow Tommy his office?" Siren asked.

"Hm? Oh sure! Come on Tommy follow me!" Friend responded happily.

(Ek! Were finally having Tommy officially meet the rest of the SBI surely I'm not the only one exited! Anywho 1312 words today! ^>^)