22- A Dreameon

<Tommy's POV>
<cussing, vials of blood>

I quickly flew to the café after booking it from the hero tower. Pulling my backpack off, I gently grabbed the glass vials filled with blood from my pockets and put them in a small pocket with a zipper so they wouldn't move around and break.

I was also decidedly, not, going to think about whatever the fuck happened today. I didn't feel like dealing with the mental battle between my common sense and my instincts that oh so wanted the SBI to be part of my flock.

Sighing, I landed outside the small building that smelled strongly of pumpkin spice. The leaves on the sidewalk crunched as I landed and walked inside. I was a bit early, but who was Foolish to complain? The first thing I noticed was how busy it was.

The lunch rush must have already hit. I squeezed my way through the crowd to the kitchen. I was greeted with a yell of relief.

"Thank XD you're early! Purpled had to leave before his shift ended, and this's the most busy we've been in months!" Foolish cried out whilst looking about ready to collapse and cry.

I could tell why, though. Out of the about 50 people there, there were twenty in line, and only about half of the other 30 actually had their orders. Foolish's Telekinesis could only hold up so much at once. And it required intense consideration, which is hard to achieve in a packed building.

I ran to the counter and started taking orders and yelling out names when the matching orders floated past my head to the pickup counter. After a little bit, me and Foolish switched. I started making orders while he took them.

I made an order of three different, stupidly complex sandwiches and two dragon fruit drinks. I nearly considered quiting my fucking job when I looked over to see a full pickup counter. Seriously?! Can people not just listen for their fucking names?!

Grumbling, I carried out the order to a table in the corner, at one point having to use one wing to hold the sandwichs and the other to clear a path. I looked over at the name on the order and, surprisingly, recognized it. The weird George guy.

He was with two other people this time. The taller one had charcoal black hair and orange eyes, which reminded me of fire. The other one had ash blonde hair with unnaturally bright green eyes. His mouth was also covered by a white face mask that had a cartoon smile on it.

Weird bitch.

George looked mildly surprised when  he looked up and saw me. I rolled my eyes and let the sandwichs slide off my wing onto the table as I set down the drinks, careful not to spill them. The other two grabbed their food and ignored me while they began to eat, like normal people. George just looked at me.

"I remember you." George stated plainly as he unwrapped the paper around the sandwich.

I groaned and mentally apologized to Foolish, knowing I was now stuck in a conversation.

"You know, Purpled, right?" George asked.

That caught my attention. It seemed it sparked interest in the other two as well, seeing as they looked up at me as well.

"Yea, I know him. Why?" I questioned, wondering why a random ass customer knew Purpled.

"Oh, just curious. We're friends with his brother." George explained.

Oh, that made sense. I'd only met Purpled's brother a few times, but he seemed like a cool dude. Punz was his name if I remembered correctly. The dude was kinda funny. He would do quite literally anything for a few bucks, which made for some fun.

"Punz?" I confirmed.

George nodded, and I let a small smile slip.

"Pft- Yea. Dudes a dumbass, but he's funny as fuck. Man's would do anything for a dollar." I joked.

The mask weirdo scoffed.

"You have no clue." He said under his breath. "I'm Dream, by the way." He added with words meant to be heard this time. "You already know George, apparently, and the other dudes name is Sapnap." The apparently named Dream, introduced.

Dreams eyes lazily trailed to my wings and sharpened as he studied them. Instinctively, I pulled my wings up behind myself to hide them and straightened out my posture, so I stood at my full height. Something about the guy made me feel uneasy. As if there were strings wrapping around my throat and if I stayed there with him, they'd tighten and suffocate me.

Dream had a hood pulled over his head, but I noticed with a start that he was a Dreameon hybrid.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, fuck that. Fuck. That.

I know it's bad to judge people on the spot, but I was not sticking around a Dreameon. Dream seemed to realize what I was looking at because he quickly pulled his hood to better cover his black horns as he glared at me.

George and Sapnap seemed to instantly recognize Dreams' discomfort and anger because the air suddenly became tense as they looked between us. I nearly sighed in relief when I was saved by Foolish calling out for me from the kitchen.

"Sorry, I have to get back to work." I forced out as I turned on my heel and nearly ran to the kitchen.

When I git back into the kitchen, Foolish started complaining. I was barely listening, though, because I couldn't stop thinking about what just happened.

<Dream's POV>

As soon as the server left, I turned to Sapnap.

"I need to know everything on that kid asap. Dreameon hybrids are stupidly rare, and he could connect it to Nightmare." I growled, whispering the second part.

Sapnap nodded and pulled out a computer.

"I'm pretty sure his name's Tommy." George added.

Sapnap started typing rapidly as they grabbed their food and walked out of the café. I didn't necessarily want to, but I'd kill him if I had to. His age doesn't matter. He knew too much. They got in their car, and George started driving.

In almost no time, the constant clicking of typing stopped. I looked back from the passenger seat to the back where Sapnap was. He looked up and met my eyes and nodded before looking down to read.

"I found the kid. He's got a weird ass full name, though. Theirs not much on him either." He began.

I rolled my eyes, and Sapnap scoffed in response.

"His name can't be THAT weird." I refuted.

Sapnap snickered and in and over exaggerated tone read out the kdis name.

"Tommy DANGER Innit-Underscore."

I paused for a moment, then broke out in laughter. Who the fuck ACTUALLY makes their child's middle name Danger?!

"Anyway, he doesn't have a Quirk, at least not one thats registered. He's a parrot hybrid and a foster kid." Sapnap continued. "Here's the interesting part, though. He works at the hero tower. And not some dead-end janitor either. He's the SBI's assistant."

That made me pause. George pulled into the building they were meeting Punz and Alien in.

"Really now?" I asked, deep in thought.

(Hey guys! Again, so so sorry for inconsistent updates! I'm trying my best to catch up on chapters, I've just been hella busy and stressed lately, so I haven't had time to work on chapters! So again, I'm sorry! 1244 words.