Chapter 1

"I don't know whom should I address, my dad or King Kirdpan?"

"I have taken the decision for your well-being as well." Nanon's father replied.

"For my well-being? Really, dad? You have decided to marry your son to a person whom he hasn't met for once. And that's also without my consent."

"I have met him. He is a nice person. Don't you trust your father, Nanon?"

"How could you expect me to trust you after this? You never thought about me before signing the treaty. You promised your son to them in the name of making peace. That's a fucking deal your high-"

"Nanon! That's not the way to talk to your father." The queen cut his son off.

"And that's the way to think about your son's well-being mom?"

"Don't you know the condition of our kingdom, Nanon? We are in the brink of war. Do you want a disaster to happen? You want our people to lose their lives, home, safety! You want us to be a ravaged kingdom and put us into a never ending struggle for survival just because you don't want to do your duty of a prince. How can you be so selfish?"

"This is my life, dad. You are sending me to a place where I don't know a single person even not the one I am going to marry. Just think about me for once before sacrificing my life."

"You call it sacrifice but I consider it as your duty. You are one of the princes of this kingdom. You do have some responsibilities towards our people. If your sacrifice can save their life you must do it willingly. Being a member of the royal family does not mean enjoying all the luxuries, you must be prepared to protect your people at any cost. Do you understand now?"

"Yes Dad."

"Are you ready to marry Prince Pawat?"

"Do I have any choice?"

"Hm?"

"I will marry him for the sake of our kingdom."

"That's what I expect from my son."

Nanon nods with a wry smile.

"Okay, this discussion ends here. The wedding is in three days. We need to do it as early as possible for the security of our kingdom. We have to leave today by the afternoon. Make sure everything is perfectly arranged. I don't want any mistake on our part."

"Don't worry Your Highness. I have checked it myself." The queen assured him.

"I'm relieved. Nanon, put yourself together, pack your stuffs properly. Let's have our lunch together before you leave our palace, forever." The king said with a smile.

He didn't know how his words had pierced the hurt of his own son. He felt homeless before leaving his home.

__________________________________________

"He is a man!!" Ohm reasoned.

"And you are into men."

"What if he's not-"

"He must be."

"How do you know? I don't think anyone had asked him if he wanted to marry a man. None of our fathers asked for our opinions regarding the marriage."

"I got your point man. But think about this Ohm, if Prince Korapat doesn't like boys his father would not agree to the treaty. Why would anyone sacrifice his son?"

"Drake, don't you realize brother? That's what our fathers are doing. He might be in men but he might have a lover as well."

"No no no my friend! It wouldn't be good for both of you!

"That's my point. This marriage is for no good. I don't want him to get hurt..because of me. What if he thinks I'm a tyrant selfish person who wants to marry him forcefully. He will never be happy with me. He will never love me."

"Relax man, you're overthinking-"

"Who said that? Who said that Prince Korapat won't love my son? Who said he will be unhappy? Just look at my boy, how handsome he is!" Ohm's mother interrupted the conversation of Ohm and his best friend Drake.

"Mom, good looks are not enough to love a person."

"Really? Aren't you curious about your would be husband's looks?" The queen smirked.

"I am but-"

"But you're concerned about him being scared, nervous, uncomfortable or hurt. Ohm sweetie, you can do anything but hurt someone. Look at you, you're already worried about him whom you haven't met yet. You're also going to be stuck in this marriage but all you care about is him. You're already putting Prince Korapat before yourself. How can anyone be unhappy with a person like you? You have the kindest heart my boy. I know you are going to cherish him like he is the most precious for you. You both are going to be each other's happiness. Mark my words."

Ohm felt a little better after hearing those words from his mother. But he is still in doubt.

"All your doubts will be vanished once you get to meet him. Trust me." Reading his mind Ohm's mother said. "Now come with me. We need to check if your wedding suit needs any alterations."

Ohm smiled genuinely. Drake felt relieved seeing his best friend relaxed.

"You know Drake, the Kirdpans will arrive tonight. We don't have much time. We must welcome them in a grand way."

"They are coming today! Can't I meet him once mom? Just once?"

"After all it's a royal wedding, the wedding of our future king. I want it to be as glamorous as possible. There's a lot to be done yet, I need your help my son." The queen asked for Drake's help.

"At your service, Your Highness." Drake answered.

"But mom, listen to me. I really need to meet him to talk to him. We must get a chance at least to know each other before the marriage. Mom, try to understand, please, mom."

Both Ohm's mother and best friend ignored Ohm's request and left while Ohm followed them still pleading.

___________________________________________

Author's Note

Dear Readers, thanks for reading this fanfic of my dearest OhmNanon. I hope you liked it. I'll upload the next chapter soon. Keep loving OhmNanon.

I would like to thank my sister for designing the cover of this fanfiction.