Chapter 15

Ohm and Nanon walked towards the main entrance of the palace.

"Do you want to walk with me to your parents' place, or should I ask someone to drop us there?" Ohm asked Nanon.

"How long will it take if we walk?"

"20 to 25 minutes..."

"Let's walk then,"

"Great! It's a wonderful night to walk together and talk a little."

"It's nice to see your parents being affectionate with each other. I have never seen my parents like this." Nanon said.

"They are always lovey-dovey like this. As they are growing older, their love is also increasing." Ohm stated.

"It's so beautiful, a bond like this." Nanon remarked.

"Indeed. You know Nanon, since teenager I have dreamed of having a relationship like theirs. I want to have what they have."

"I'll try... to fulfill your dream."

"Hey, no, -"

"Huh?"

"I don't want you to try to be like someone else, you're what you are. We're what we are. We are not our parents. We just need to be true to each other, and our love will grow concurrently."

"P'Ohm, can I ask you a question?"

"You don't need my permission. Shoot!"

"You said you love me. But we just met a few days ago. You don't know much about me. Then why do you love me, P'Ohm? Is it because we're married?"

"If I could answer why, then it must be anything but love. I don't know why I love you. I love you because I love you, Nanon. It's not because of our marriage. I'm sure, if we had met earlier somewhere else, I would love you the same way I do, even if we weren't married. We don't need any reason to love someone. But still, if you need a reason to justify my love for you, then it would be I love you because you are Nanon Korapat Kirdpan."

"Thanks, phi, you make me feel so loved. No one ever loved me this much. Please never stop loving me like this." Nanon requested. His eyes glistened with tears.

"Don't cry, baby. I can't stop loving you, I never could." Ohm pulled Nanon into a fierce hug. They were in their garden. Nanon buried his face against Ohm’s shoulder.

"Baby,"

"Hmm-"

"Can I make a request to you-"

"Yeah-"

"Never take the necklace off, baby, If it doesn't bother you." Ohm said.

"Why would I? I could never take it off. This connects you and me. I would never remove anything that connects the two of us."

"Are you sure, baby? You will never...? That means you will not tell me to pull out because it will bond us as one."

"Dirty, dirty mind! What a dirty mind you have got." Nanon punched gently on Ohm’s shoulder, pulling away from the hug.

Ohm laughed, Nanon turned his face away from him because it turned crimson.

"You go, talk to your parents." Ohm said after they reached the guests' apartment.

"Don't you want to come?"

"Nanon, I don't want to hurt you, but honestly, I don't like how your parents talk to you, how they treat you. You have seen I couldn't help myself and ended up almost arguing with your mom and dad.  Your parents are leaving tomorrow, I don't want that to repeat. Because of me, they might get angry, and you have to face their wrath. I don't want to put you in trouble, baby. Go inside, I'll wait here, in the garden."