Chapter 14

"Dad is calling," Nanon said, taking out his phone from his pocket.

"Ugh, take the call." Ohm hated the timing of his father-in-law.

"Yes, da-"

"Where are you? Why are you always sneaking out every now and then..."

"Dad, listen to-"

"I don't want to listen to anything come back before anyone notices your absence here."

"Yes, dad." Nanon's father hung the call up without listening to his son's reply.

"P'Ohm, I think we should-"

"Let's go," Ohm held Nanon's hand and headed towards the stairs.
"I'm sorry, you got scolded because of me."

"Please don't be. Dad is a little strict. That's why...don't worry, phi, I'm used to it.

"But I'm not, I don't like him."

"Hey, shh, what are you saying? He is your father-in-law.

"So what? I don't like the way he treats you. He always seems to be angry with you."

"That's not true phi, he's just like that."

"How could someone talk to you sternly? Don't they have a heart?"

"Oh my God, Phi Ohm! You're whipped."

"Of course I am. But that's not important here. My dad is also strict, but he never talked to me like that."

"If you don't like my dad, then why did you promise my dad to be like him?"

"You know why..." Ohm didn't say further, but Nanon got his answer.

"It should be the other way round, I guess." Nanon giggled like a baby.

"I just want you to be loved and respected. He might love you, but I didn't see any respect for you in your parents' eyes." Ohm stated what he had observed since he met his in-laws.

Nanon knew what made Ohm think this, but Ohm didn't see the affectionate side of his parents. He just met his parents and made an opinion on the situation. Nanon knew how his parents were actually and what their children were meant for them. Sometimes, their harsh words might hurt him, but they couldn't disrespect him. They failed to understand him but never could disgrace his individuality. Because of their royal duties, Nanon and his siblings were secondary to them, but their love for them was no less than any other parents'. His father was worried about him. If he didn't behave properly, that would bring humiliation to him and the family he belongs to. He would make Ohm understand it later. He let it slide for the time being.

Ohm and Nanon came downstairs, and Nanon met with the death stare of his father. Ohm held his hands to soothe him, and he felt relaxed immediately. The siblings teased OhmNanon a little regarding the necklace and praised Ohm for his lovely gesture.

"This necklace looks so beautiful on Nong Nanon." Princess Tu complimented.

"Thanks." OhmNanon answered in unison and looked at each other.

"Nong Ohm, what are you thankful for?" Prince Flute asked, grinning playfully.

"Because P'Nanon, who is looking beautiful, belongs to my beloved brother. He thinks his husband's compliment is his compliment. Am I right, phi?"

Before Ohm could protest against his younger sister Princess Tu said,
"Prince Pawat also deserves to be praised. His every action speaks of how he cares for Nong Nanon."

"I promise to take care of him till my last breath." Ohm said, looking at Prince Bright, the one who was observing the conversation silently as if Ohm was promising it to Bright. He knew Nanon's elder brother was also concerned about him but couldn't get the chance to express it.