Chapter 16

"Nanon!" Ohm ran towards his husband, who was sitting on the ground sobbing.

"What happened, Nanon? Why are you crying?" Ohm asked Nanon, pulling him in his arms, but Nanon said nothing.
"Don't cry, baby, I'm here. Look, your Ohm is here. Please stop crying, Nanon, please, baby, breathe..."

"What happened, Phi Bright? What happened to him? When he was coming here, my Nanon was happy, smiling. What made him cry?"

"Nong Ohm, Nanon is hurt-"

"I can see that phi. Who hurt him?" What did you say to him? He just came here to talk to his family before you leave him. He is going to miss you all. That's why he came here to have a heart-to-heart talk. But my Nanon is hurt."

"I'm sorry, I sincerely apologize on behalf of my parents. Nanon, no one thinks about you like that. Please don't look down on yourself. I'm sorry for what happened here. Ohm, please take Nanon with you." Bright said.

"But phi,"

"Phi Ohm," Nanon spoke, "I don't want to be here anymore. Could you please take me back to our home?"

"Of course, baby," Ohm looked at Nanon, his pain reflected in his eyes. It pierced his hurt.

"Drake, please bring the car to the guest's apartment. And please be quick." After calling Drake, Ohm put his cell phone back into his pocket.

"Let's go home, Nanon." Ohm and Bright helped Nanon to stand up who was still crying silently.

They could hear the honk of the car.

"Is P'Drake here, phi?" Nanon asked.

"He is, to take us to our home." Ohm smiled faintly at Nanon.

"Your Highness," Ohm turned to Nanon's dad. "I don't know what you said to Nanon, but I know he doesn't deserve this treatment. As you are his family, he might tolerate this because he loves you. You might not stand by his side, but he always wants to be beside you. Whatever he did, you called his responsibility, but no, that's not his responsibility. That's his choice. He chose you, your family, and your kingdom before himself. Did you ever think about how he felt when you forced him to marry an unknown man? Did you ask him if he liked boys? I know you didn't. You just tied him with a man who will protect your kingdom. What do you know about me? What if I were a malicious person, how miserable Nanon's life could be? Did you think that? I tell you the answer, No, you didn't. Nanon is born to sacrifice himself, isn't he? His sacrifices are his duties, aren't they? You discriminate among your children, Nanon was ready to give, so you never leave any chance to take everything he could give. He drained himself just to get your love in return, but what did he actually receive? You took advantage of him and his love for his family. He is your saviour. He saved your people, your Kingdom. Nanon saved you, King Kirdpan. Is it that hard to love a person like Nanon?"

"Prince Pawat, you are disrespecting us. We are your in-laws and a King and queen of a renowned Kingdom-"

"I beg your pardon, but respect, one should earn respect regardless of his age and position. And you couldn't earn it from me because you disrespected my husband, you did dirty to my Nanon. You took his every deed, every sacrifice, even his entire existence for granted."

"P'Ohm, let's go back,..." Nanon said to his husband.

"Yes, my love." Ohm and Nanon headed towards the exit. Bright came along with them.

"Ohm," Bright called, Ohm looked back at him. Bright wanted to say a lot of things but didn't know how to.

"Don't worry, phi, I'll take care of your brother. I won't let anyone hurt him, not even his loved ones. And, I'm sorry for my behavior, but I couldn't help myself to step into your family matter. But how couldn't I when it involved Nanon? I didn't intend to disrespect your parents or anyone in your family. Nanon was so helpless. It broke my heart to see him like that." Ohm sighed hugging Nanon.