01.

— PARIS HAD ALWAYS BEEN COLD THIS TIME OF THE YEAR, it was something that aria looked forward to during her visit for the first time in a couple of years.

born and raised in paris by parents who emigrated from spain, she knew she was extremely lucky. her father, ivan, was a football coach while her mom, elena, would take on hostess jobs at local diners.

she grew up understanding the value of family which was precisely the reason her and her brother, matteo were so close. matteo was two years older than aria, he was her protector and was always there when she needed him.

matteo had died a couple years back in a car crash, the family was absolutely crushed. a reckless driver had taken the life of her precious brother, a boy who chose to always see the glass half-full instead of half-empty and who had a lot to live for and was extremely talented despite his young age.

she remembered that year being one of the hardest years of her life, yet in it all, she found him.

kylian mbappé was his name. an up and coming football player who was making a name for himself in paris. he was great friends with matteo, they were in the same club, coached by the same man, aria's father.

ivan cerrain had sought out kylian's talent ever since a ball first touched his two feet. kylian and matteo were trained together, brought up so they could be the best in the world, to break records and to win the world cup and bring it home for their country. that was their dream, to be the best the world had seen.

aria often remembered sitting on benches with her father, watching kylian and matteo practice, kylian's speed was out of this world and matteo was an extremely gifted striker.

4 minutes was all it took.

all it took for that very same dream to be crushed.

she knew she shouldn't have let him get in his car that day, but who could have known that an intoxicated driver's car would collide with matteo's car that same day, killing him instantly. she remembered hearing the news, the worst day of her life.

"kylian, what's wrong? why are you crying?" aria spoke, confused as to what kylian was doing on her porch as she had just gotten back from school.

"kylian, speak to me, what happened?" she pulled him into a hug rubbing on his shoulder. she had never seen her childhood friend cry before, he always put up a tough front no matter the situation.

"he's dead, aria, matteo's gone." he sobbed into her chest. her heart stopped. her world came crashing down in the blink of an eye.

"you're joking, kylian, please tell me you're joking." her voice cracked as she began to sob.

her knees met the floor faster then she could realize as she began to sob and scream.

all she could remember was kylian holding her as they both cried, she'll never forget the looks on her parents faces as they found out about the death of their first born, 5 years ago.

the scar still feels so fresh.

kylian and her had confined in eachother during that time and had gotten extremely close she trusted him more than anyone. their families were particularly close too as kylian's parents had saw matteo as one of their own the same way aria's parents had saw kylian.

eventually, she moved back to madrid to pursue her studies of becoming a nurse while also embracing her origins more. when the opportunity arised 2 years later for her to visit france, she couldn't say no. so here she was, at the cemetery visiting her brother.

"i miss you, hermano." she spoke to him feeling her eyes begin to get glassy.

she had been here for the past hour and a half speaking to him, catching him up with her life. she knows how proud of her he'd be if he saw her standing in front of him today.

"aria.... is that you?" she had heard a voice call from the distance. scared, she had turned her head towards the voice as fast as she could.

"kylian...."

AUTHORS NOTE !
i'm aware at how short this is,
bare with me it's only the first chapter
i promise you'll get longer chapters!!