09.

—       IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE PREMIERE, aria's nerves racked up so high, she could barely hear her mother speaking to her over the phone through facetime. "we're all so proud of you mi amor. everyone will be watching you and kylian tonight." she saw as her mom teared up.

"aww, don't cry mama. i love you guys so much. is abuela watching too?" aria questioned. her mother tilting the phone to her smiling grandma was just the answer she needed. she felt the heavy weight that seemed to be weighing her down this whole time suddenly fade away just like that. she had to be at hair & makeup in about half an hour so she quickly wrapped up the conversation with her mom and headed to her car. as per louise's instructions, she already washed her hair in the shower and prepped it.

music was playing through the aux as she slowly took everything in. she had been so lucky to be put in this situation, and to be walking the red carpet with so many people she looked up to was absolutely insane. she pulled into her "designated" parking spot, which in reality was the parking spot they'd give to their star model per every event. she walked in and made eye contact with jamie who smiled and gave her a small wave before heading over.

"hi jamie, you look great." aria said.

"oh please, you're not even dressed yet and you look fabulous. what i'd do for those looks..." jamie laughed.

"you're too kind." she smiled as jamie took her hand and lead her to hair and makeup. bright lights and a very busy crowded room was what she walked into. chanel had models for many different events. she looked up and saw a tiny figure waving at her.

"aria cerrain?" the short woman asked.

"yep."

"perfect, i'm kathy. come with me."

she followed the woman into a much more private area where she began working on her. aria soon learned that kathy was the makeup artist, while her protege lucy did hair. while getting her hair blown out she came to find out lucy wasn't all that much older than her, only by two years. she liked volleyball and played varsity in high school.

on the other hand, kathy didn't play sports. the woman was in her early thirties but had many stories from her youth to share, aria and lucy's stomachs hurt from laughing so hard. she soon learned kathy and lucy were cousins who started a business together and had been founded by louise and her team.

"i cant believe you two work for louise, that woman finds people out of nowhere." aria laughed.

"work for that crazy lady? never. she hires us per hair and makeup session, but we aren't on a contract or anything like that." kathy assured.

"yeah, that whole finding up and coming people so easily is really odd now that you mention it aria." lucy said.

"it's obvious she uses young models for bait. she'll act like they're so in debt to her and guilt trip them into signing contracts." kathy said.

"i mean she suggested me for victoria's secret?" aria mentioned.

"if it's a company she doesn't play a major role in, you should be fine." kathy smiled.

"i wonder how she was able to climb the ranks here at chanel?" lucy questioned.

"you idiot. she obviously bought her way to the top along with major kissing up. she hasn't even made major ranks yet still has so much influence." kathy sighed at her younger cousin.