22.

—— YOU WOULD'VE THOUGHT THE PHONE WOULD STOP WORKING with the way it was blowing up as soon as aria powered it on again.

to be fair, she got an extremely late start to her morning.... or afternoon as she had woken up at 3 pm. "my god." aria let out a horrific sigh at the way it kept buzzing, she was so grateful for all the love being sent to her but also really needed her phone to be fully functional by the end of this. of course the majority messages came from her mother, then marie, then kylian, and many other members of her family and friends in madrid, argentina and paris. she also received congratulatory messages from people like jamie, kathy and lucy who was in fact pregnant much to aria's suprise. aria made sure to extend the congratulations back and let lucy know that she was super excited to be a future aunty and spoil the baby, but was yet to hear any reaction from kathy. she figured she would have plenty of time to react to that situation later, right now she had to call her family, friends and boyfriend and then go through the deal with versace and the after respond to all her emails. she groaned at the mental list she had just made up in her head, she really needed to hire an agent as soon as possible.

once she had gotten friends and family out of the way she called her boyfriend who picked up rather fast. "ARIAAAAAAAA!! the boys wanna congratulate you!" he said before panning the camera over to theo hernandez and then antoine griezmann. "never would have pictured the med kid to end up being a model. also why do you have stars all over your face." theo said with a puzzled expression displayed on his face. aria laughed, "they're pimple patches. set makeup is so crazy." she smiled. "what's set makeup?" he asked again, more puzzled this time. "you're so stupid theo," antoine said, taking the phone from him. "hi aria!!" he screamed. "shut up grizi, at least i can actually handle more than two shots." was all aria could hear before kylian snatched the phone.

"someones been having fun." aria smirked. "post-first match activities. the boys wanna let loose," he smiled. "saw the full show last night, you looked so sexy." he said, whispering the last part. "thank you baby." she giggled to him. "kylian, i wanna announce something. you're gonna be the first to hear this by the way." she said. "i'm honoured, amour. go on..." he said excitedly. "i'm walking versace next month!!!" she squealed, kicking her feet back. "wow baby!! things just keep getting better and better for you, i'm so proud." he smiled at her. "and they will be for you too. less than 24 hours till i see you, my love. i'm so excited." she giggled. "i am more! but hey, these guys are gonna talk my head off if i stay. i love you and i'll see you tomorrow." he blew a kiss at the camera. "love you more, see you then." she smiled before hanging up.

she smiled as she stared up to the ceiling, she couldn't be more grateful than she was in this moment. due to all the craziness in her life she had to take a few steps back from school, it was okay with her though because she managed to pay off all of her student debt and have rent payed back in madrid despite marie saying she could have it covered. aria missed marie so much, her chaotic best friend whom she hadn't seen in eight entire months. she knew what she had to do right then and there. she opened her laptop and went through flights from madrid to doha. she knew marie was still 100% committed to school, but reading week was coming up and she wanted both her and marie to at least watch the knockout stages together. she picked up her phone and shot marie a quick text.

ARIA
when's your reading week?

MARIE 🌼
it's next week.
MARIE 🌼
why?

ARIA
i wanna bring you to doha
ARIA
haven't seen you in forever and
i would come and visit you in madrid
but you know ky, he's gonna be super
upset if i leave him in a moment like this.
ARIA
would you be down to go?